• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Capoeira

Depends on how it's applied, because in the end effective fighting usually looks about the same from whatever "style" you learn. With that said, I don't see Capoeira teaching you all that much as far as combat is concerned, but dancing and stuff like that, yea, it sure looks cool and stuff.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

If anyone is interested...

According to the guide on my cable system, the Capoeira episode of The Deadly Arts is airing tonight (2/16) on FitTV. Its on at 7pm and 10pm here in CA, but of coure check your own guide if you are interested.

I got to try a little Capoeira last year at a Martial Arts show (SENI, for those who know what that is). It was good fun and I certainly learned a lot. I'd say it was a martial art - when the advanced students were giving a demonstration it looked pretty darn deadly and effective to me.

As for learning it, it seemed to me to be a little like Aikido, in the sense that to learn it to be able to use it effectively takes many many years.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!