• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Muay Thai or Kickboxing (MO)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

khgv.lj

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

When I was in St. Louis I remember calling one that I think was to some degree anyway...I also trained once in a place called Finney's at an athletic club? It wasn't Muay Thai but I gotta say the conditioning/workout was great with a lot of medicine ball workout and such..good boxing skills..defnitely not Muay Thai though.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

well there is no traditional kickboxing schools anywhere because kickboxing is a sport.

you might be able to find a karate based kickboxing class that also teaches kata, my teacher does that in some of his classes.

Try telling that to these guys: http://www.samuaythai.com/

As for St. Louis, try

http://absolute-martial-arts.com/

http://www.finneyskickboxing.com/main.htm

Chuck Norris once commented, "There are few problems in this world that cannot be solved by a swift roundhouse kick to the face. In fact, there are none."

As I mentioned before I tried out Finney's a couple of times while I was in St. Louis on business and the workout was great! It wasn't Muay Thai, though..it was definitely kickboxing.

I remember calling up a gym that was somewhat affiliated with Master Toddy that I was going to train at but I got too wrapped up in work. Unfortunately I forgot the name of this gym. When I was their I remember Finney's being at a Mall in an Athletic club...

,jgnc

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

well there is no traditional kickboxing schools anywhere because kickboxing is a sport.

you might be able to find a karate based kickboxing class that also teaches kata, my teacher does that in some of his classes.

Try telling that to these guys: http://www.samuaythai.com/

i said kickboxing not muay thai... there is a difference you know :P :wink:

If you wanna split hairs how could what your instructor do, be called "traditional kickboxing"?

"kickboxing" isn't that old at all and most of it is somehow derived from Muay Thai and similar arts(bando, khmer boxing, etc.). A Karate based style with kata that also does Kickboxing isn't really that traditional...

I have no problem with something that isn't "traditional" but calling something that isn't traditional seems odd to me.

Finneys Kickboxing will teach you how to fight and you should check out that Muay Thai link, that is probably the Gym that I contacted when I was in ST. Louis(really creve couer).

jmhfc