• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do a search on google using -kung fu styles animal -, that should help you find some answers, as for your training questions, well, thats a whole different issue.

The physical training is to toughen and strengthen the body, making it like iron, "Iron Body Training" ,

Many schools have probation periods, but a year seems a little excessive,

Having to cut your hair? Whats the point?

Their should be no restrictions on your life unless you plan to join a monastery, or plan to become a vegetarian.

If you dont mind me asking , how long has the school been running? and how big is the following?.

Without long practice one cannot suddenly understand Tai Chi : - Tai Chi Classics

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

interesting.

regarding your integrated chow gar mantis and tiger. Does Ip Sifu approve of this move?

the answer to your question ovine king is yes, my sifu, alastar bourne, was a student to sifu yew tong kwong, yew tong kwong was one of sifu ip shui senior students, now because my sifu alastar bourne was also a sifu of another hakka kung fu art, premission was given from sifu kwong, aka ( MR FONG ) if the integration would be allowed, short end of it it was allowed

but was never to be acknowledged as simply Chow Gar Tong Long Kune,

can I get your email addy or msn messenger? I can't send you a PM because the admin won't let me (I think I have under 25 posts which is why)

astrael ill PM you

Faith without works is merely a dream anticapated.

Muay thai boxing and

SOUTHERN STYLE KUNG FU PRACTIONER

SKIPSET ( NZ )

• 1 month later...

Astrael, how much are you paying for lessons?

And please, for the sake of Jesus, ask what style you're doing. "Shaolin" means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

The "Shaoling Temple" is a fake tourist trap. . . . . The Shaolin temple brings about $10 million revenue into China every year, $6 million of that goes to the government.

The current "Shaolin Temples" promotes modern Wushu. . . . which means, pretty gymnastics based upon classical Wu Kung movements.

If you're learning "Shaolin" then I'm sorry, you're getting crap training with no relevency in actual classical Kung Fu fighting.

Your story seems like the typical fake Kung Fu top-secret Shaolin Temple deal to me, with a secret "Master" who learned from the "Temple."

If you want to fight, go join up with CFREW, as Chow Gar Tong Long is a real style, and his Tiger is also a real style (btw, Chow Gar isn't a Shaolin style -- it's a Hakka style. Not all kung fu is 'Shaolin').

EVERY legitimate Kung Fu player knows his own style and roots, history, lineage, story, and legacy.

But all those fake ones all claim to be from "Shaolin." That means absolutely crap to our minds.

Go to a good Tong Long, Hung Ga, Choy Lee Fut, Baji or Pak Mei school if you want to fight. Stop messing with this FAKE Wushu.

BTW, "Shaolin" is just one type of kung fu. There is also Muslim, Tibetan, Hakka, Wudang, and Omei. Buddhist and Daoist, which are extremely different. Short Fist and Long Fist, Northern/Southern, Internal/External, Hard/Soft.

If you can get a LEGIT lineange, chart, style name, then I'll give you props. But don't just say "Crane style" or "Snake Style"

WHAT Crane style? There are at least two: Tibetan White Crane, and Fukien White Crane, which has ZERO CONNECTIONS TO EACH OTHER.

As for the other animals, "Tiger" has at least 3 implications: Fu Jow Pai, Black Tiger, and Hung Gar. Other styles such as Jow Gar and Hung Fut also rely heavily on "Tiger."

There is no Leopard style in and of itself.

Snake. . . what snake? Omei Snake? Tibetan Snake? Shaolin Mei Hua Chuan? Can you answer this? Can you tell the differences between Viper, Cobra and Python in terms of the Snake style? Your instructor should tell you all about these things.

And Dragon. . . .. this is the interesting one. The only REAL "Dragon" style is Lung Ying -- aka, "Dragon Shape." It is a HAKKA style that is not related to Shaolin arts.

OMG! You know so much, like wow - amazing post with all these technical martial arts styles and types...I definately could consult you more in all respects...will post some questions etc sometime this week :)