• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question

mtheiss

Is this an appropriate test?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is this an appropriate test?

• Good idea, good plan, ten minute serprise fight good.
    • Good idea, ten minute serprise too short, bad shock.
    • bad idea, forget the ten minutes, bad test.
    • The girl should have been told a couple weeks ago.

Hi,

This young lady is a 2nd Dan in karate. She is no slouch. However, she has no sparring experience. As for her gentleman opponent, he has had some sparring experience and is doing really well. The point of the encounter is to prove if the girl is prepared to be taken seriously as a professional trainee.

Martin

"Not all the best people can be found in the ring"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this be a real situation. Who in there right mind is a 2nd Dan and have absolutely no sparring experience? I am a 2nd Dan and began sparring as a white belt. No way would I ever consider a professional career in sparring if I have never sparred. Nor, would I attempt to fight an unknown for my first sparring match EVER. What if he sparred every day. This has to be a story.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Sorry,

Oh well, it would be nice to talk about it with you Mac. To be honest, I do not know the system that defines what is normally considered a good sparring system. As for this, it is just a story, but I do plan a "bombshell" in the next few posts. Lets change this for your sake. She has some good experience in the serious knockout sparring circuit, but she now feels some "boredom" over the thing and wants some serprise. I will plan to give it to you but I would want some posts beforehand from people accepting that they will plan for anything.

Martin

I did not intend to make the story change that our friend requested when I made up the poll. I have decided it would be wrong now to suggest making your change. Please understand that the matter was a serious situation which I made up that of course I can explain if anyone is daring enough to ask me to finish the story. However, I wanted to float what I already wrote down first before being comitted to the action of introducing a topic of conversation which I figure may be conterversial.

Thank you,

Martin

I did not intend to make the story change that our friend requested when I made up the poll. I have decided it would be wrong now to suggest making your change. Please understand that the matter was a serious situation which I made up that of course I can explain if anyone is daring enough to ask me to finish the story. However, I wanted to float what I already wrote down first before being comitted to the action of introducing a topic of conversation which I figure may be conterversial.

Thank you,

Martin

Thats fine,

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

When the lady and her coach (mother) walks out to the fight deck, they see a young bare chested man of the same height and physical build as the athlete. Then the mother gives her the word.

Her best friend is another coach and they decided that it would be best if the young woman would prove that she was ready to kill. This guy is the son of the other coach and he is no joke in the ring himself. Her job will be not only to servive this battle but also to prove to her mother and her friend that she is worth their trust and honor.