• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Respect important?

Shadow90

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi there Shadow. I think you will find that, as with anything, we all have our strenghts and weaknesses. She will be a more rounded martial artist if she works on her sparring, but if her point is kata competition, then she has what she wants. But if it ever comes to having to defend herself in a street fight, she may have trouble because she neglected her sparring skills. (See the video posted recently of the black belt who defended himself against a knife attack last December-- Does someone know how to put that link here?)

As for you: Welcome most heartily. I am 36 yo female, white belt, mom of three. I don't usually give unsolicited advice, but I just want to tell you that if you focus on yourself in your training, you will go much farther than if you allow yourself to be distracted by the other students' behavior.

If you are worried about another student, the best you can do is tell an adult. And, if it feels safe, you can try to be her friend.

I hope to read more posts from you!

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

I think too much :P

I have this affliction too. :roll: Just concentrate on yourself. Let your intellect guide you to a place where it can serve you better: school work, learning more about your style, educating others about martial arts, following your religion (if any), being a better person every day. The less you compare yourself to others (and others to yourself) the more energy you free up to be the best person, daughter, martial artist and student that you can possibly be.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!