• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stupid kid games...

Today my friend was talking to a red neck, and somewhere in the conversation my friend's TSD experience came into it all. The redneck responded "I can still beat you in a game of arms.."

so, for those of you who don't know what arms is... it's when 2 idiots stand next to eachother and slug eachother in the arm alternating until one gives up.

See, I normally wouldn't have a problem with this, but I had a feeling this could go horribly wrong.. because if he can break a solid hardwood board, I think he could break this kid's arm.. and he ALMOST did.

He took the first shot, then he just planted himself and stumbled the kid back about 4 feet, leaving a nice purple mark on his arm.

I personally don't understand why he would've done something that dumb. He knew he would win, so I don't see how it would make him feel any better to actually go through with it, considering also that he could've easily damaged the kid's arm pretty badly...

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

it's like when an opponet askes to "clash arms" I never say no, because if I say no then I will probably be thought of as a coward. If they challenge you, shock them a bit. It's not like he hit him as hard as he could, right?

YAY pepto bismol

Teenage boys can't show weakness, especially when in martial arts. The two combined is like taping a big bullseye to your back.

Speak for yourself.

My Nidan Grading! Check it Out: http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=27140

OSU!

"Behind each triumph are new peaks to be conquered." - Mas Oyama

Dojo Kun:http://www.diegobeltran.com/htms/dojo/dojokun.htm

https://www.kyokushinkarate.cjb.net

I would'nt show off my strength, but if some one asked me to do it to them then first I will not do it SO hard. Then if the other kid punches me in the arm hard then , I wil have no choice but to do the same.

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

in my opinion humbleness is an important part of any martial art, and not wanting to hurt someone dosn't mean that you're a coward...that said i feel that body hardening does have alot of value in martial arts... rubberizing and "playing arms?" can have a positive impact on a martial artist, phisically and mentally. obviously it will make your body tougher, martial artists have things like this forever, not to mention if you know you can take a hit you'll be less prone to being afraid if you have to defend yourself. so i wouldn't say your friend was dumb. that's just my opinion.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo