• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bodybuilder vs MA fighter

Muscles or skills?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Muscles or skills?

• Muscles wil win
    • Skills will win

fighting skills. brains over bronze. you can be the strongest man in the world, but it you dont know what your doing then yyour in trouble. and bodybuilders build thier bodys mostly with steroids and most of them aernt really strong. most weight lifters dont even have bulging muscles but they can still lift a bunch

If you think steroids are only for building muscle mass, then you apparently don't follow major league baseball. Don't make the mistake of assuming bodybuilders aren't very strong, even the ones who don't juice.

Anyway, fights have many, many variables that determine success. It's not a black and white issue of skills vs strength. I have substantial skills and am quite strong, but I'd rather walk away from a fight with a 275 lb powerlifter than fight him if he will give me the chance. Street fighting is a messy, ugly thing that always runs the risk of you being killed, no matter the situation or the eventual result.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fighting skills. brains over bronze. you can be the strongest man in the world, but it you dont know what your doing then yyour in trouble. and bodybuilders build thier bodys mostly with steroids and most of them aernt really strong. most weight lifters dont even have bulging muscles but they can still lift a bunch

How much do you think your skill will help you if that juicing bodybuilder decides to punch you in the back of the head as you walk away?

Professor Pedro Sauer (Now a 6th degree black belt under Helio and Rickson Gracie) vs. Mr. Utah in 1992. Pedro taps him with an armbar in an NHB fight.

Of course this is not a street fight. But skill clearly triumphs over muscle. Pedro takes a couple knocks though.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

Professor Pedro Sauer (Now a 6th degree black belt under Helio and Rickson Gracie) vs. Mr. Utah in 1992. Pedro taps him with an armbar in an NHB fight.

Of course this is not a street fight. But skill clearly triumphs over muscle. Pedro takes a couple knocks though.

That was beautiful :bawling: *sniff*

But it must be mentioned that the guy's size and streangth DID make ALOT harder for the BJJ guy.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

But it must be mentioned that the guy's size and streangth DID make ALOT harder for the BJJ guy.

Plus, not many of us on this board are Pedro Sauer.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

With respect,

Sohan

All good points.

Think about this: 2nd Degree BJJ=at least 10 years exp. Could be 15. If Mr. Utah had no fight experience what so ever, this is still a testament to what being big and strong can do for you. Even though Sauer did win, look how long it took to get the job done. Most bar fights aren't going to last that long.

• 2 weeks later...

With respect,

Sohan

All good points.

Think about this: 2nd Degree BJJ=at least 10 years exp. Could be 15. If Mr. Utah had no fight experience what so ever, this is still a testament to what being big and strong can do for you. Even though Sauer did win, look how long it took to get the job done. Most bar fights aren't going to last that long.

But I can't find on the web how much fighting exp. Utah had. Maby Utah also had a lot of years of fighting exp.

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

• 1 year later...