• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bodybuilder vs MA fighter

Muscles or skills?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Muscles or skills?

• Muscles wil win
    • Skills will win

the skills would definetley win. When the body builder is trying to scare you before a fight just ignore him and look him in the eyes. It doesnt seem to bother him buy it really does. If you are just muscle it would be easier to take him down bicause he has so much mass but no skill. he will probably lunge forward on his first move then just get out of the way and make him fall. You just want to keep on blocking and keep your distance. But when his back is tuned kick him on the back the sholdeblade and the neck this will get him even more agarvated and he will lose more energy. then when he is real tired. come in with a face kick then run beside him and kick him on the back. then when he runs tword you get on the ground and put your feet on his stomach and throw him over you. If he still isnt out a couple of kicks to the jaw chest or stomach will take him out. But dont hit him because if you dont have long arms your going to have to get close and then he can grab you and squeeze the life out of you. good luck

e-mail:

one_with_fire_rusioka@yahoo.com

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

We removed a post in error. It is below. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks.

the skills would definetley win. When the body builder is trying to scare you before a fight just ignore him and look him in the eyes. It doesnt seem to bother him buy it really does. If you are just muscle it would be easier to take him down bicause he has so much mass but no skill. he will probably lunge forward on his first move then just get out of the way and make him fall. You just want to keep on blocking and keep your distance. But when his back is tuned kick him on the back the sholdeblade and the neck this will get him even more agarvated and he will lose more energy. then when he is real tired. come in with a face kick then run beside him and kick him on the back. then when he runs tword you get on the ground and put your feet on his stomach and throw him over you. If he still isnt out a couple of kicks to the jaw chest or stomach will take him out. But dont hit him because if you dont have long arms your going to have to get close and then he can grab you and squeeze the life out of you. good luck

e-mail:

one_with_fire_rusioka@yahoo.com

This is a funny post...you have obviously given it alot of thought. Ethier that or you play alot of video games. How do you know what someone will do until they do it?

• 5 weeks later...

if your all bronze and no technique your as good as dead

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

skill is skill, whether you learned from years of training in the dojo or or years fighting on the streets .....when you learn how to properly fight and execute certain techniques properly then that is skill.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I used to work as a crowd controller and came across many big guys. Take my word for it, skill and experience always prevails.

No, it doesn't...

1. there are no absolutes.

2. you guys always seem to assume that the big guy is slow and unskilled. this is not always the case.

If we assume that the martial artist is not particularly built and that the body builder is not particularly skilled then I think the martial artist will win.

5th Dan Tang Soo Do

• 2 months later...
what if the guy with muscles has SKILL? ;)

that's the part I think a lot of people miss. They like to assume that the big guy has no skill, which is not true. I was always into bodybuilding and now I'm into powerlifting. But I've been training MA for years. there are a lot of big guys with skill. Heck even without skill, look at what tank abbot did in the early UFCs - he was big and fat and would maul people just off his size and aggression. He was big and fat, but he had a fighter's mindset and it worked to his advantage. Bob Sapp is the same way. He's a big, burly football player. But his size and mindset make him more than formidable.