• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone here from the RSKC?

2ndBBLittle

I know that this is the Sport MA section. So I thought I would just ask. Anyone on these forums compete in the RSKC tournaments? My dad used to be one of the promoters on the RSKC. Fortunately for me, I happen to know all of the promoter's in RSKC. Anyways, just asking. My dad used to have the tournament called the Collierville Classic in Collierville, TN. So, just wondering if anyone here ever went to that tournament or if I know anyone on here.

Belt: 2nd Dan

School: FiveStar Karate

Instructor: Tim Little

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I pesonally do not compete, but I take my son (8 y/o intermediate) to many tournaments. We did not miss a single RSKC event last year.

We went to the collierville classic last year, nice size tournament, long long drive for us. I noticed it is not on the circuit this year, why not?

As for the RSKC, did anyone make it to the Battle of the Mason Dixon on the 14th(JAN)? Strange not seeing Ken on the mic, but still run very efficiently. I just wish they would have announced 9 and under team fighting earlier in the day so there would have been more teams.

As people that compete and support the RSKC I feel we really need to go out of our way to promote it and the competitors, since Ken is no longer here we all need to step up and push it out there even farther. just my opinion.

My dad doesn't have his school anymore. It's a long story. Anyways, Ken being gone is def. going to be hard on the RSKC. But I think that there are enough people to step up and take control. As for Lee Harper, I know him very well. If you ever get the chance, ask him if he remembers Stephen Little. He should, my dad has only known him for a long time know. But yeah, I'm friends with his son Cameron. We used to compete a lot against each other. Actually, at my dad's tournament, I think he fractured my wrist while sparring. But, I still won the fight 5-3. It was a good one. Many fights with Cameron, B.T. Webb, Max Scruggs, Lawrence Taylor, and many others. The division I was in had a lot of competition. If I was still competing, I'd be fighting Ryan McGriff right now. Just like back in the day. The 18-29 yr. old division is still tough I'm sure. And, I know almost everyone in there as well. It amazes me how many people I actually do know. :)

Belt: 2nd Dan

School: FiveStar Karate

Instructor: Tim Little

• 3 months later...

Hey..... I used to train under Master Lee Harper and have gone to Florida several times to train under the Grand Master... Tell Fred I said hi and did not know Ken passed away. Was on here searching trying to locate the date for the Newberg Open to see some tournament action and see former students..... what I found said TBA[/img]