• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bokendo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I've been involved in martial arts for over 20 years. Been studying Bokendo for about 12 years. To make a long story short, my instructor died several years back and I have not been able to find anyone who studies the same style and have not been able to find any literature on the subject. Is there anyone out there(with knowledge of bokendo or literature on it)? First time on karateforums. Great vehicle for promoting communication and evolution of the arts? THANKS!

I've never heard of that art. It sounds very interesting. If you can't find anything on it, you might just have to switch to another style similiar to that, or contuine the art by starting your own school.

Thanks for the feedback. My first goal is to get a school started with a decent number of students. I'm not realy interested in doing MA for commercial purposes, but, teaching is a vehicle to get people to train with. Shortly before my bokkendo instructor passed away he told me there was not much more he could teach me. He said that for me to go further in the art I would have to teach. Thus the saying: "you can't keep it if you don't give it away." He urged me to open a school, which I did. I had to relocate for job purposes and closed the school about three years later. Looking at starting up again.

• 2 weeks later...