• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Correct Shotokan

Dojo02

I can agree with that too. I have of late been training in two different organisations and at the end of the day, the quality of the karate comes down to the sensei and the pupils in the dojo. I feel (and I have been guilty of this) that people tend to get bogged down a bit too much with tradition and how it should be done correctly.

:)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread just reminds me of the old joke:

How many karateka does it take to change a lightbulb? Answer= 1000. One to change the bulb and 999 to stand around saying "Well, that's not how we do it in MY dojo.."

Karate is constantly evolving, sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. I think that it would be very sad if it DIDN'T keep on changing, that way it won't become a static, archaic system. Modern life moves at a fast pace and sometimes martial arts systems have to keep that pace or even be ahead of it. I agree that not all changes are to everyones liking, but, heck, there's enough clubs and styles out there for everyone to find a way that suits them (hopefully without all the bickering that "my style is better than your style"!)

That's one the things I love about martial arts - there's something for everyone.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!