• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Witty thread title!

Nurvingiel

Hi forum!

I always find the introduction forums around 20 posts in. Heh. I've been in karate for eleven years, except for the past four I've been at university, and my training schedule has been very hectic.

I train in Renshikan Karate. We branched off from Chito-ryu karate about ten or so years ago. Chito-ryu is quite a large style, I hope that gives you some context. Our style is also influenced by Shito-ryu, Wado-ryu, and possibly other styles.

My favourite katas include Ro-hai (both of them), Chinto, Bassai-dai, and Seiken no migi hidari. I'm not just saying Seiken no migi hidari to be cool - it's a very basic kata which our sensei has used periodically to remind us never to forget the basics. All the most important basics are included in this kata.

Bassai-dai is my favourite of all, simply because I really enjoy this kata and I'm good at it. It also has some great techniques. Chinto and the Ro-hais are just good plain fun. (Unless you're doing Chinto on a cement floor. Then, not so much.)

I hope that these katas are reasonably common in other styles of karate so I'm not babbling to myself. My favourite weapon is the bo. My favourite karate discipline (for lack of a better word) is kata.

:)

Cheers,

Nurv

Kata is like a good stir-fry: preparation and timing are everything.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 4 weeks later...