• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just wondering if any of you guys have a certain brand of Muay Thai equipment that you prefer.here recently I've read a couple of debates on Windy vs Fairtex equipment.I personally use windy equipment.Just wondering what you guys prefer.

ISAIAH 53:5

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Our heavy bags are all fairtex. Our head trainer's a former fairtex instructor. :D

Whatever works.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali

Is there any difference in quality,well difference between tha big name companies.I've used some cheaper equipment,and can really tell that Windy is a much higer quality,but is Fairtex quality better than Windy.I guess ultimately I'll have to buy some fairtex gear for myself.

ISAIAH 53:5

Yes, there is a difference in quality to a point. Fairtex isn't a bad brand and can usually be received quick within the USA...I'd reccomend Twins, that's my preferance and Thaismai is ok but I don't think it's as good as it used to be(even though I still have a lot of thaismai gear). Windy is another one and I like Inter a lot...FBT is decent too. A lot of it is the same and I've heard a lot of rumours/stories that a lot of the companies rip off ideas from eachother.

Just use some common sense because sometimes you are getting ripped off and other times you aren't. I wouldn't buy any Aries gear, for whatever it's worth.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

FWIW, windy is good, but they are pricey. You can get good quality from twins, ringside and fairtex also. The problem most people have with fairtex is that they suck when it comes to timliness. It takes them forever to ship stuff. I personally use ringside most of the time, but have some awesome kickshields and gloves by windy.

In regards to getting fairtex equipment, I really think it depends on who you order it through and if you bug them about it...I've ordered stuff from fairtex and only once did it take longer then 2 weeks to receive. Whenever I order windy, twins, fbt, thaismai, or inter I can expect to wait at least 3 weeks. A friend of mine ordered some custom twins shorts a year ago or so and they screwed up on his address so long that it took at least 2.5 months until he got them.

Another time at my old school we did a big group order and our order got held up in customs for whatever reason and it took a long time..I think this was for Twins equipment too..but this could have happened from any brand coming from Thailand.

I'm not sure why Windy is more expensive..I think it has to do with not being as popular anymore as it was 5+ years ago? Not really sure...I still have some Windy shorts and gloves...You can usually get Twins stuff on sale a lot but with anything coming from Thailand I would expect to wait 3 weeks to a month and a half. That was my whole point about fairtex because if you're in the USA and order from their warehouse here in the states and they have it in stock it will be much QUICKER...

Personally I don't train at fairtex and never have, so I hardly have any of their gear...

I'd reccomend Ultra(master toddy's brand) but it's kind of expensive too but very similar in quality to Windy..I still have a pair of my Ultra gloves from 97! I'm not going to say they're in perfect condition but they're in better condition then some other brands that I only had for a year max.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

I've never had a problem with windy. The ONLY time I had expedited shipping with fairtex was when I ordered some shorts for a fight I was about to have. I told them I had a fight coming up, so they rushed the order. Other than that, it has typically taken months. Weird how different people can have such a different experience with the same company.

• 2 weeks later...