• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worn, Ragged Belts

For over 25 years now, I know that a mistreated Century MA Colored Belt will tend to wear out pretty quickly, sometimes regardless of how well you keep in maintained.

Most of those I just pack away and not use, stay healthy and un-worn.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Funny story about my sensei... his dog attacked his karte bag one night and ripped up a gi and his black belt... almost ripped in half at the point that ends up in the middle of the back. Blue and white cotton held it together for a few months until some of the top students bought him a new belt with his name and rank and such embroidered in english and kanji.

another high degree I know... his belt is more gray than black, but only slightly frayed... I think it looks really cool.

I wear a Hirota belt. They are a little better quality than the Tokaido ones. It took about 15 years before my Hirota started getting worn, but it looks great now. Very nice and even wear. Tokaido tends to wear a little to quickly.

John

I don't believe anyone in my school intentionally wears down their belt. I think mine still looks pretty good. I allow it to wear down naturally. It is, however becoming more faded, but the edges are holding up really well. My instructor has a couple different black belts, but you can really tell which one is the belt given to him by his instructor when he reached shodan (20 years ago).

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

I have been wearing the same black belt for about 10 years now, and it looks almost brand new.

What manufacturer? One heck of a belt

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

How is this for wearing down a belt (or at least severely mistreating it). Last night I was driving to work and I saw a karate belt lying across the middle of a lane being driven over. Gone this morning.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.