• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well I guess to be specific I didn't mean to say that I didn't have the ability to become proficient at BJJ, but hey let's face it I am 5'9 125-130 lbs. it's going to be a long shot before I beat out someone of the same caliber (after, say, 3-5 years of hard training) only with 50 pounds more muscle or possibly even fat :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started a while ago because it was only 5 minutes away from my house, plus the people there seemed pretty nice, and I wanted to take a MA ever since I was little. Oh and I wanted to get into a little better shape then I am now. :smile:

Cya

Hiya :grin:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

I started in TSD in NJ (took it for a year and a half almost), then I moved. I loved TSD, and I wanted to find something similar (because there wasn't any TSD here). I looked at a few schools in my area (which were what I would call Mcdojangs .... eeeekkkk). But I did find a TKD school that seemed to be "traditional" in the sence of the way they trained (hard work, working to perfect technique, ect). So I signed up. I only have one gripe about the school. They don't show self defense enough, but everything else is cool. Plus I should add that I'm a kicker hehehehe. I use a lot of hand techniques, but you can tell that I'm a kicker if you watch me spar :grin:

Laurie F

• 1 year later...
i chose it because in this dojang there are very fine instructors, tkd looks good, is not wrong for self defense and most of all it gets me into a better shape!

I changed schools since my last post, so .......

I still take TKD, but it is so much closer to TSD. We do the same stuff and both sets of TKD and TSD forms. The self defense is second to none.

Laurie F

I started TKD to make my kicks faster. I had no intention of switching styles but I fell in love with the art and have studied for 12 years now.

I am still faithful to my roots however and am grateful to all my teachers for the arts they have intrusted me with. My "style" is influenced by all of them and you can probably see them coming through when I train.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I did TKD whilst at U of Md. mainly because the price was right (free!), and it was on campus. I did continue with Shotokan at the time, however.It was fun,and was a good group, with instructors interested in teachinga martial art, not a sport. Consequently we did what would be considered by many to be "Korean Karate."

I will probably not ever return to TKD. Sorry.

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!