• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

great TKD videos

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm not into TKD but the site was well put together...IMHO They have a lot of different colored belts before black

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

i think there are 10 steps before black

thats how it generally is at most martial arts that i know of.

The videos are really well done too, when the guy is facing backwards, an inset picture comes up filmed from the other side.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

10 levels before black (some old have 8) but not each Kyu level gets a belt. When I started there were three belts before black (white, green and brown). 8 kyu but three belts. They did not have all of the fancy colors at each step. Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It is a moneymaker and, more importantly, it does hold the casual student's interest and shows progress. I waited 2 years to change my white belt to green (no stripes awarded on the white belt either). It did not matter at the time but people like to see progress. It's a motivator. Americans are good at motivating

The video indeed was well done. The demonstration itself was exciting...at least I thought so.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

its not really a money maker

if there are 10 levels, why does it matter if each level has its own belt or if 3 belts have 3 levels each. you still have to grade thee same amount of time.

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

Wow! What a great breakdown for WTF patterns! Videos, maps, definitions, step-by-step instructions. Great site.

ocdavis

It's one thing to earn a black belt. It's another thing to keep it.

• 2 weeks later...