• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks Hapkidoist. I will look into the "legal" part, then :)

LOL Kickchick. I love your sense of humor :D I will go with my idea. Like you said, I'll either tick them off or they will love me for it or it may even open their eyes to what they are doing wrong. I can't do anything about the outragious prices, but I sure can help the other students there.

Laurie F

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The contracts are legally unenforceable. No instructor is going to go after an unfulfilled contract because of the negative aspect presented to potential sales. It's a marketing and budgeting tool, more or less...

As far as Century/Graden/et. al., I have mixed emotions. First and foremost elevating ourselves and our images can not be a bad thing, no matter the vehicle. I get three separate magazines from these entities every month, some of it chock full of good stuff. MASuccess (I think, it may have been one of the others) even had good 'ol bloody Jim Harrison openly lambasting the efforts of the types of people the magazine supports. Peyton Quinn has a lot of good stuff, too. Outside of the Asian Journal, it's some of the best martial writing out there. We are benefitting from their open competition. Now can PEOPLE, individuals, get greedy? Can you go too far. Absolutely.

Don't treat these guys like some enemy that has to be fought before they end your way of practice. Their public expenditures increase PUBLIC awareness of the martial arts, puts a friendlier face on it, and gets MORE people into the martial arts. More students for them, yes. More students for you too!

No one school can be everything to everyone. I good friend of mine, MR. NH always asks me, Why do you think they put all the fast food places in one spot? People want variety and choices.

And I'll bet something else.

I'll bet some of those McDojo's are actually GOOD schools :D !

Lawd knows I love a good cheeseburger and it's comforting to know I can get one in Beijing :D !

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell