• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone know the Japanese name for leopard hand thurst..

Leopard claw

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes there is. Palm flat, four fingers curled back (like you are knocking on a door) thumb is curled to the side. From what I have so-far found out it;s called hyoute tsuki. The leopard is just one of the animal styles we study.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

I don't know of any Japanese name for this (not to say there isn't one) nor a Japanese technique that would be "leapard fist". However the technique you refer to is called "Hiraken" in Japanese Shotokan and refers to foreknuckle fist.

Tommy

Zaine said...Leopard claw is a kung Fu mainly, why do you want to know the Japanese name for it? Leopard claw in not just a Kunf fu style, we study many styles in our dojo. Tiger claw, crane hand, dragon fist, snake hand and shurei fist. Not to mention the moves of the animals. To know is knowledge!

Thank you Tommy_P for your input on the hiraken tsuki, the extended knuckles thrust. The leopard claw seems to have more tearing, ripping and grabs to it. Thanks to all. LC! :wink:

What style did you see/do this technique in? If it is solely a kung fu technique like Zaine suggested then there won't be a Japanese name.

The only thing I could come up with in my own style is hiraken uchi, but I'm not very familiar with this technique. (The ones I am familiar with I'm sure are not what you're looking for.)

hiraken uchi (image link)

The above link is to a picture of my hand doing what I'm 90% sure is hiraken uchi. This translates from Japanese to "flat fist". It's a bit of a long shot.

If the technique is from karate or jujitsu then we could find the Japanese name. Is it possible for you to take a picture of your hand doing it?

Kata is like a good stir-fry: preparation and timing are everything.

We do it in our Shorei-ryu dojo, along with other animal styles. The leopard hand, fist, thrust is called hyou tsuki, very close to the hiraken tsuki. There is also a black panther hand, fist, thrust called kuro hyou tsuki.

From your pic it looks like you are doing hiraken tsuki (extended kuckle thrust), a very effective strike to the throat :D .

In Chinese it's called Bao Chui or Bao Xing, can't remember which one! I think the tiger is called Hu Xing? Know if I can just find out how to post pics........GRIN!