• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A life changing decision

Grimslade

I have run into a brick wall in my life, juggling martial arts, school, my magician career, and my studies to become a professional; computer programmer I have absolutely no time on my hands... Sadly either 1.Martial arts, 2. Magic, or 3. Programming, must be dropped. Martial arts has helped me in more ways than I can explain, magic has always been a love of mine, and Its has been my lifelong dream to become a computer programmer. I am about to lose my head... I need help, though I dont know how you could help me with this one...

"I am your judge, Executioner, jury, Executioner, lawyer, prosecutor, and if necessary... your Executioner"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Concentrate on your career first.

If you then have spend time doing the thing that you currently enjoy most (regardless of how much you have always wanted it)

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Career is defanitly first, I have decided to apply for a game programming job at Westwood (a branch of EA games most famous for their works on the Command and Conquer series, and dune 2). But first things first... I must get to MIT and get a Phd in computer programming. That just might take a while. Minimum nine years. I think thats plenty of time to work with Martial arts and magic :)

"I am your judge, Executioner, jury, Executioner, lawyer, prosecutor, and if necessary... your Executioner"

Yes, go for a career first, because it will last for awhile and you will most likely need it. Though, just because you're doing it, I guess that doesn't mean you will never find any room for magic or martial arts or anything else you love. Just keep your head up.

If you take a crooked path and have to go through a cliff. Either hope there is a bridge, or learn to fly.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone else, career first, but why not just pick yourself an order- like

1. (Maybe Career) is most important and I wont let the other things get in its way at all

2. (Maybe MA) is good for me and I enjoy it, so I'm going to work in my training around my carrer as best I can. I'll make sure that I can do this thing (X) hours every week.

3. (Maybe Majic) is a something that I really love, so when my other priorities allow, or when they both aren't taking up a specific block of time I'll do this, and make sure that I get to do this thing that I love at least (X) hours each month.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

career first, do as much game programing as you can!!!get really good at it, so you can program a good game with your eyes behind your back!:lol: Do a 45min class in the morning, but if your going to MIT then definitly put magic aside for a while. practice when you get bored. definitly would like to see one of your early games. :idea:

I have released a few games already but nothing special... two text games that I made were the biggest. One won 28th place in a worldwide Interactive fiction contest... I was very happy to see I even placed hahaha...