Jay

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im doing biology and physics ALevels so i have quite a depth of understanding but im not doing a degree or anything like that yet but i might

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

That is hard to believe, I think that was definetly planned out, I thought Chi was some kind of inner power involved with the brain. I read this one article about how there is this one part of your brain, that controls the chi. And you know you have expierenced it if you physically different

Like you can jump higher, move faster, etc.

"The mind is a powerful weapon"

Well, i think that pure training in those areas will simply make you better at them.

I practiced jumping, and gaining height in my jump for over two years, and I can now jump over a 4 1/2foot fence, my hips at head height.

Also, in my 13years of karate ive definantly gotten much faster reaction times.

Did i unlock my mind?

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Me, personally I don't believe you did. I do believe in inner power, but whether or not it is "Chi" I'm not so sure.

In your case, I think what you did was train your body, not your mind. Your physical prowess seems to have improved which often can be attributed simply to "Muscle Memory".

Having said that, greater state of mind is often a side effect of improved physical ability.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

If inner power is the complete harmony between form, function, intent, balance, posture, and so on, which in turn can be understood in a way to apply it in combat, or to healing, then that's what it is.

We can also train ourselves to be sensitive to the sensations (electro-magnetic, temperature, etc) that are on and just below skin level, then that is good too.

However, in the meantime, I am personally beginning to try to stray away from the term chi/ki/qi until I can figure all this stuff out in a way that I can articulate it to others in a non mystical or metaphysical, philosophical way.

:)

Later!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...