swordwiz7

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it doesn't have to be flashy at all. i was actually going for a traditional form.

"Treat no one lightly; think nothing is useless, for everyone has one's moment, and everything has its place"

"We are all different thus we are all the same"

90% of teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 10% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your Signature

if it's traditional, the flaws in your technique will be that more glaringly obvious. i was practicing downward cuts for months before i thought i had it, and probably a year before i actually did. unless you're some kind of savant, you really need an instructor.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

ok battousai thanks!

"Treat no one lightly; think nothing is useless, for everyone has one's moment, and everything has its place"

"We are all different thus we are all the same"

90% of teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you're one of the 10% who hasn't, copy this and put it in your Signature

i find it slightly disturbing just how many times it has to be actually said that you should always get proper instruction when it comes to anything even vaguely martial art related.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

well with tapes, cd's, and books on everything martial these days i can't imagine young (in experience not age), students not wanting to take the quick path, even if they have instruction available from a teacher. it's really a bummer.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

i find it slightly disturbing just how many times it has to be actually said that you should always get proper instruction when it comes to anything even vaguely martial art related.

LOL yea but seriously when it comes to weapons they wont be learned properly quickly they take awhile in order to get the basics but its is also said that weapons are taught after initial body movement because they invovle that same movements its just an extension of your own body

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

Tried to learn the sword from books and videos for years and gave it up. Its not real. You need a warm body with lots of knowledge to show you how to use a blade without injuring yourself or someone else. Been involved with bokendo (wooden sword)for about 12 years now. The techniques transfer over to live blades. I have to agree. Get an instructor or it will be futile. Cutting is easy. Learn an art from an artist.

P.S. The stuff in the books and videos all makes since know.

actually, kali works the opposite way. you start with weapons, and work your way down to empty hand.

i strongly disagree...you have to be a weapon before you can pick up a weapon...they really do become an extension of your own body.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo