• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there anyone else from the Shorinkan organization?

AirBorne-karateka

um, bassically I'm from the same lineage, but my instructor (Tadashi Yamashita, 9th dan) has recently decided to differenciate himself from sensei nakazato. But I still consider myself part of Nakazato's students.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with so many schools of the same liniage around here it makes the shorinkan

almost political for camps and tournaments, it has become who you know and are friends with as opposed to what you know when dealing with progression

It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavor."

-motobu

and actualy one of my favorite things with the bo is yamashita no kun.

It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavor."

-motobu

To Steelhead: Actually I've trained with many people but I don't recall that particular name. The instructors I've trained with are; Bill Snyder, Jerry Wrobeleski, Daryl Smith, Phil Saur, Patrick Calhoun, John Sorg, Teru Hendry, and Neil Stoslmark. Wow, I've done quite a bit of dojo hopping in my days. I've yet to train with Julie Fung though.

oh, no no no steelhead, I'm not under Sensei Stolsmark, used to be, but... well, I guess this needs slight clarification. Sensei Neil was, about four or five years ago, a student of my sensei Yamashita, and due to something, I don't really care what, he left Yamashita sensei's tutelage. He is a great teacher and fantastic karate-ka though.

No, I'm not going to Sensei Stolsmark's Super Saturday event. I actually have to go to Florida to test for rank in front of Sensei Yamashita. Plus, it gives me an excuse to get to someplace (A lot) warmer.