• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there anyone else from the Shorinkan organization?

AirBorne-karateka

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awsome. I am no longer with the shorin kan, Im with the butokukan under hanshi gibu. but its nice to know there are others here of the same liniage.

so how long have you been studying?

It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavor."

-motobu

Same here. Im in the Army so Iv had stretches where I went months without training but all n all its coming up on six years.

So do you know anything about why gibu sensei, Nagasoto senseis old # 1 left and formed the butokukan? Of couse I know our side of the story, we are gibu senei's only americian dojo but I would love to know the other side of the story.

As for me I left the shorinkan for the butokukan because everyone in my area in the shorinkan has gotten way to political for me, to the point where it started detracting from training. My new sensei left the shorinkan for the same reason.

So are you going to be able to make it to this years wintercamp in hampton va? If so I may see you there.

It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavor."

-motobu

i doubt i';ll be able to amke that camp with work and all.

i'm not sure about the polictical aspects of everything.

my sensei actually retired asnd is just teaching a few people privately.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

I got ya I used to train under a guy like that but he was out there so I had to find a new dojo. I wont be able to attend camp either but its ok b/c we are supposed to be going to okanawa this summer

-motobu

Hello from a fellow ShorinKan in Minnesota.

Enjoy your trip to Okinawa. We went in 2003 and it was a fantastic experience. Are you planning to attend Stolsmark Sensei's Gasshuku next June in Milwaukee? Sensei Haley from CA has attended the past few years along with Sensei Jerry Taylor from Georgia among others.

Unfortunatly I probably wont have the oppertunity to come out there its going to be a busy year. But I have had the oppertunity to meet kyoshi haley and I think the world of him I bet it will be a great time

-motobu