• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

best form for kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I personally love TKD. My school is a WTF school so it focuses on alot of olympic style sparring with alot of high class kicking. If you want a large variety of kicks. TKD is the way to go. If you want to keep it very defense oriented and stay away from WTF style sparring and what not, then I recomend seeking out a Moo Duk Kwan school. MDK is TKD military style. Still with alot of kicks but for practical uses. My head instructor has a strong baking in MDK TKD so he has alot of defence oriented stuff integrated into the system he teaches. I know alot of other WTF schools focus only on the sport side of things. I hope this helps.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

In Oz, the average price is about $8 per 2 hour lesson.

Work it out on a per lesson basis so you know what you are getting for your money. Probably best to compare with other schools in your area.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

well i could only attend twice a week therefore 8 times a month and its only an hour long. I found another school for $70 a month...and im going to ask if possibly we could work a deal since i could only attend 2 of the four lessons per week. This would help me out since i also have to pay for school now...So hopefully it will all work out. If anyone has any other styles or ideas feel free to post.

thanks for all your help

sorry to anyone who thinks i'm nocking on tkd because i'm not tkd is great, but here's my two cents...the answer is really biased as to what you're after

are you trying to become more flexible?

are you after forms and tournaments?

are you looking to defend yourself?

tkd is great for learning the first two, but i can say honestly that if you learn a bunch of kicks, (tkd has alot of kicks), alot of which are showy (in my opinion) and above the waist, and you need to protect yourself with them, your chances are slim...check it out of you don't believe me...high kicks are easy to block, grab, and aviod.

my recomendation would be tai boxing or a southern kung fu style, something like that with low, nasty kicks.

now that all you tkd students have read this and are feeling like i'm attacking you, don't...just trying to give my opinion...i respect anyone with the dedication to study any martial art.

later all

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

We use to refer to TKD as ariel foot fighting. Demonstrations with green belts doing flying kicks and breaking boards while flying over Carmen Ghias (small VW for those of you not from my generation).

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt