• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

dans only - rate your black belt test

How difficult was your black belt test?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How difficult was your black belt test?

My sensei recently asked the black belts to rate their black belt tests on a scale of 1-10 (compared with everything else in their lives)

1 being the easiest thing you ever had to do

10 being the absolute hardest thing you ever faced in your life

I'm curious to see what it is like for other styles.

**Please don't tell me what you had to do for your test - I believe that the events of a black belt test should remain within the black belt community of your school. I am merely interested in the overall difficulty level of the test.

-Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I rated mine a 7. It was Hard for me...but perhaps wouldnt have been for a more athletic person. Every class is a challenge for me so it wasnt that extreme.

Long Live the Fighters!

compared to the rest of my life... I give it a 2...and I will not tell you the details the test or of the rest of my life..of course that was way back when and between then and now I have a lot more of life experience to compare it with. :x

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I had no intention to insult you...this was just out of curiosity. Please don't take it the wrong way. :(

That was actually the whole reason this came about - my sensei was trying to make the point that there are other things in life more difficult than a black belt test

Oh no, it is I that needs to say sorry. I was not offended. I hit the wron icon..not fully understanding it. Your Sensei is a wise man. Too many people think that a black belt test is some ultimate difficult test. Of course, depending on the person and the physical challenges that they have to deal with, sometimes it is very difficult indeed. Please accept my apology for misleading you.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

I'm not a BB, but for my test for 1st kyu/gup, I tested with BB's. I failed the first one. It was the hardest thing I have ever done. The second time I passed, but because I had to work my backside off for it. The next test is for BB it will be the same, but more intense and more physical. I'm scared, but I'm training for it.

Laurie F

My studio is adaptive in that it makes the 6 month 6-day a week intensive training process difficult for anyone.(This in addition to the prior 4-5 years of regular training.) Basically, they cater the training process to your level, so it will always challenge you. I put 9 because it was tough, no matter how you put it. 2 days for 1st dan, 3 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd.

Tae Kwon Do 1st degree Black Belt

I give mine a 9. It almost killed me.

26 katas, board breaking, basics, extensive self defense, gun/knife defense, sparring against one, two, and three opponents, throws/falls/mat work, and star throwing (I have no idea why we did that part).

The next morning my ribs looked like someone spray painted them black. Tylenol quickly became my friend.

It was a rough rough ordeal.

aog

I gave it a 6. Challenging, but I knew what to expect and trained hard for it. Now advanced mathematics, organic chemistry 2, and other college courses I took, now those were hard! My program was ranked at #5 in the country when I was there so I'd rate that a 9 for difficulty LOL

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Our test is simply put as everyday you are tested (nin translate to perseverance-endurance) and you never know what to expect so basically you have to be on your toes i give it a 8-9 cause of the paranoia

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"