• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Useing your hips

Co_Co

Whats a good way to teach your body to put your hips in at the corect time to get the most power out of your punches and kicks ?

Ive tryed most things but as you can see by the amount of post i have up i am looking to find the best or nearest to it with everything.

Any surgestions then please pass the secret on :D

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well sometimes ill get someone to put a belt around my waist and and ill move around the floor while they try to pull in the other direction. Its hard to explain but thats the best explanation of that exercise i can think of.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

another good way to train your hips is to follow through with all your punches and kicks. find something that you can punch or kick through, your hips will contenue to rotate on the followthrough. once your used to the feel of the rotation you can begin to modify the timing.

It is necessary to drink alcohol and pursue other fun human activities. The art (i.e. karate) of someone who is too serious has no "flavor."

-motobu

Actually develop the "whip hip", and not just the follow through hip.

Recoil is the fastest and most effective way of delivering power.

Recoil does not mean to pull a punch.

First:

Knees are bent.

Elbows are bent.

Sink your weight, and then relax.

Strike as your normally do.

Using your waist to guide your shoulder to guide your hand.

But when you flip your wrist over, and as you impact, snap your waist (not your shoulder) backward.

Your arm upon impact, should still drive through your opponent, but remain slightly bent, because you are hitting with your whole torque of your body, and not just your waist and shoulder.

After impact, you coil your arm back into position, ready to start again.

This creates a whip effect, also called large or external fajing in the Chinese Martial Arts.

One practices this slowly at first, and when they are able to pull the waist back upon impact, is when they start speeding things up.

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Whats a good way to teach your body to put your hips in at the corect time to get the most power out of your punches and kicks ?

Ive tryed most things but as you can see by the amount of post i have up i am looking to find the best or nearest to it with everything.

Any surgestions then please pass the secret on :D

Ask your instructor. If he doesn't have the time ask one of the other people where you train. Have them watch you and give you feedback. Also watch yourself in a mirror while thinking about what you've been told. The hips should be driving almost all your moves and usually end their movement at the same time as your punch or kick.

Practice your material as slow as you can stand it focusing on the concept that you want to work on until you can consistently feel it. Start increasing speed slowly! It will come...

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Thanks for your help guys and girls its a big help if anyone has any other tips or apinions then please post

APOLOGUISE FOR SPELLING :)

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

• 4 weeks later...

Pivot that supporting leg...it's that simple.

the more you pivot on the ball of your foot to where your supporting leg heel is almost pointing at the target you're kicking the more hip you will have put into your kick.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

Here's a Killer Miller special training method to develop hip rotation and hip vibration...

You need:

- A belt

- A couple of plastic wire ties

- Two plastic or paper cups

- 1 Ping Pong ball (40mm ball of course not the 38mm... Just Kidding about ball size.)

1. Put a belt around you.

2. Poke two holes in the side of each paper cup and put a wire tie through the poked holes.

3. Wire tie the paper cups to each side of the belt - left and right side. Note: You might have to position the cups slightly for proper ball ejection.

4. Put the ping pong ball in the side you are working on.

The object is to shoot the ball out of the cup as fast and hard as you can with only using the Hips. You must relax the shoulders and arms totally as if they were not even there...

For Hip Rotation:

Rotate the hip back to a 45 degree position, and while total relaxed, rapidly exhale, overexagerating with mouth open at first, as fast as you can to geenerate the starting speed of the hips to rotate the forward. Then apply focus, or kime, at the stopping point where the ball should shoot out.

For Hip Vibration:

Do the same as above, except you start from the straight ahead (ready) position. When the driving side executes forward, as the ball shoots out, quickly rotate the hips back to the ready position as fast as you can. Again, see how fast you can shoot the ball out - key word for hip vibration is "fast" not hard (but you should still get a fairly powerful shot of the ball out of the cup...).

That's it and it really works.

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/