• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where can I go to spar against other styles?

I would love a chance to try my hand at sparring against students of different systems. I don't know of any place where I could do this though. I live in Hartford area of CT. Anyone know of a place, or have any suggestions.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Unfortunately, I don't live in your area, but where I live, they have a competition called National All Styles. Basically all styles are invited to compete. My advise would be to look for something like this in your area. Start with one of the governing organisations, they should be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Thanks Armor of God. I'll check out that site. Thanks DokterVet as well, although I just found out I can't send PM's yet for some reason.

Seminars are another way to work with other people. Just pop in some of the other schools in your area and ask if they'll be hosting any seminars aor know of any coming up.

Since schools hosting seminars usually get a cut of the attendance (all, if they're giving the seminar), they are usually more than happy to tell a visitor about it.

Seminars are another way to work with other people. Just pop in some of the other schools in your area and ask if they'll be hosting any seminars aor know of any coming up.

Since schools hosting seminars usually get a cut of the attendance (all, if they're giving the seminar), they are usually more than happy to tell a visitor about it.

Cool, that's an idea. I think I might try that out.

Open Tournaments for hands-on. Seminars for minor interation.

Or just leave an ad in your local paper.

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...