• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greatest Inspiration

I'd say tadashi yamashita through my mother. She was one of his first students when he started a school in IN. Yamashita will always be a great martial artist to me. To get back into shape and hone my skills I'd have to say Tony Jaa....I know...weird.

karateka of Kobayashi Shorin-ryu karate-do(since 2000)

"A human life is truly as frail and fleeting as the morning dew." -Rashomon

“Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.” BL

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an embarrising reason: Bloodsport with Van Damme.

Yes, I admit it.

But on the serious side, here I am 15 years later after that movie and have a 2nd degree black belt, so I guess it could be worse.

I still love that movie.

AOG

Well done, but be careful, I heard you can get killed fighting in that Kumite... ;)

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

Initially, just watching guys on YouTube, like Royce Gracie, Buakaw Por Pramuk, Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, Kaoklai Kaennorsing, any K-1, UFC or PRIDE I could get my hands on.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

I was influenced by the Power Rangers, WMAC Masters, and Ninja Turtles.

Gawds, I'm suck a geek!

If you're not laughin', you're not livin'!--Carlos Mencia

I must admit, I started because of a boy that I liked... plus of course the Ninja Turtles

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

^^ above reason is the best ive heard hehe :brow:

Isnt Bruce Lee reason enoughe hehe..!

But seriously, what keeps me motivated now is that I want want to be a complete fighter, standup, throws, groundwork etc.. makes martial arts that much more intressting

A guy that inspieres me is Cung Le.. check him out at youtube if you have not seen him before.

For me my original inspiration was my father. He still is one of the toughest men I have ever met. And I have met a few. He did multiple tours in Vietnam and served in two different branches of the military. Enlisted twice...he studied traditional karate in Okinawa and taught military combatives while he was in the military. I watched him train from the time I could hold my head up. When I was four I was trying to mimic his moves (thats what he told me anyway..don't remember) he started training me officially when I was 6, when I was 12 he enrolled me in GoJu. I have had the martial arts fever ever since...lol.