• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greatest Inspiration

My inspiration was that this kid kept beating me up so i started taking it just so next time he tried it. But later my inspiratiopn came from other people telling me that i couldnt do it, i realy never drew inspiration from people, it was free so i thought hey lets do it.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Bruce Lee's Chinese Connection, and I was hooked.

have you seen bruce lee's THE BOSS? its totally cool! also theres enter the dragon........

I have seen Enter the Dragon, but I've never even heard of "The Boss". I think I might have to rent a movie this weekend. :D

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

I have an embarrising reason: Bloodsport with Van Damme.

Yes, I admit it.

AOG

That is embarrasing!!!! You are a far better black belt than me for admitting that. I would never admit to liking Van DAmme!!! :lol:

On the serious side, I love the original Kung fu series. David Carridine is pathetic at best as far as a MA goes, but that show was so great. I love when master PO (the blind one) would fight multiple opponents and whip em up good. That series would have been so much better with bruce lee. I'm glad america is getting over it's prejiduces.

Peace to all.

place clever martial arts phrase here

I have seen every Bruce Lee movie, more than twice. A side note, a friend of mine has a copy of Jet Li's Fist of Fury, subtitles in English and Chinese, with Hmong language dubbing. The final fight between Jet Li and the Japanese General, is IMHO, best I have ever seen.

David Davis

Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything.

Bob Dylan

I would have to say that my original inspiration to start martial arts was also Bruce Lee. Of course, I've learned since then that there's so much in martial arts as benefits in addition to just learning how to fight.

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

Watching chinese shaolin movies and eventually, once upon a time in china. I wanted to learn how to do all that cool stuff, so I started out in tkd, and later moved on to a shaolin mckwoon (grr...). But eventually the flashy syndrome wore off on me and I wanted to know stuff that worked. Mainly because of WWF Smackdown and I thought fighting was more cool than flying kicks and cartwheels.

In all impatience and immaturity, I became a disgruntled student and the sifu challenged me, told me to do a roundhouse kick so he could show me that his stuff worked.

I mean, if I knew what was coming at me, I'm pretty sure I could counter it too even as a yellow sash.

So then I just stopped and tried to research stuff so I can learn how to actually defend myself. I found boxing. But now I can't say that it's a happy ending because I don't feel any longer that self defense is too much of a deal for me (even though sparring still is). I want to indeed go back to traditional martial arts, to a real school this time, and to learn an old art to accompany my sweet science.

And so, that's my inspiration, a renewing motive and of course Jet Li.

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up." - Muhammad Ali

For me it was a combination of things.The old Wu-Tang movies,Kickboxer.I had a friend down tha street from me at tha time who was into martial arts,I think the Street Fighter games may have been my biggest influence.Bruce.Lets see Bruce lee was a big influence,The karate kid and also The best of the best was a big part as well.

ISAIAH 53:5