• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greatest Inspiration

I was just curious to hear some other peoples reasons for wanting to study the martial arts, weather it be a person, movie, friend, family member, or any other reason you can think of.

I always found a certain attraction to any of the martail arts, even when I was i kid. However I saw Matt Mullins and the Sideswipe demo team do a performance on TV and I knew that I had to try to do some of the things that they do.

I now am a TKD student of a year and a half and I am having a blast. I just competed in the CT Open TKD Championship and I did very well. I won first place in breaking, and second in forms and WTF style sparring.

:D

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen that one, but I loved Fists of Fury, and Enter the Dragon.

It was Bruce lee for me too (i took jkd) but then when i went to japan and saw how awful i am :cry: and wat there is to shot for thats my current inspiration :D

White belt for life

"Destroy the enemies power but leave his life"

I agree with the 2 of you, Bruce Lee is very inspirational. If you never have seen Matt Mullins compete though I highly recomend checking out his site as he is who did it for me.

https://www.mathewmullins.com

His primary style is Shorin ryu.

For me it was my father. He was a brown belt at the time and I was only six years old, but I wanted to do it. I tried it but it didn't work out. Tried again when I was 7 and have been training since. (I'm now 25)

Along the way there has been other bits of inspiration pushing me to do better, but that's how it all started.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

My inspiration was self defense. Now it's because I want to be the best I can be in the MA. I like the character building/mental end of MA (but I'm still a technique geek LOL).

My new inspiration now is two good friends of mine. Both do MA, and they are awsome and very knowledgable about MA. I can just sit for hours and listen to them talk. They have so much to share. And technique-wise, they are ... OMG!!! I would have to study MA for a very long time to get that good.

CTTKDKing, I like XMA also, but I'm an old fart (compared to those XMA'ers). I can do a few tricks, but not many as of yet. I have to get back in shape for that stuff (took time off after surgery .... I got chunky LOL).

Laurie F

My Inspiration is Bruce Lee & Jackie Chan, When I watch Jackie chan movies it just makes me feel like I can do anything or a Bruce Lee Movie, :wink:

So now I Weight train and practice Jeet Kune Do everyday and If I see a good stunt or movie I try it out safely

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

Chinese Connection was the American release name for Fist of Fury, when it was first released way back in the 70's. The movie was released in America right after the French Connection was a big hit, the producers were not sure if using the title of Fist of Fury would sell to Americans.

David Davis

Just because you like my stuff doesn't mean I owe you anything.

Bob Dylan