• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

tournaments

Hey, quick question. If your school didn't really have any form of tournaments or what not. How would you go about competing in some anyway?

"Fear does not exist in this dojo does it?"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Just do it.

Do a web search for local tournements or local circuts.

You may want to aks one of the instructors. They may not promote competitions in class, but I am sure some one there knows about local competitions.

Also check if your school is ok with tournaments.

My old ITF club did not beleive in competition, so if i wanted to compete (which i wanted to, but didnt know how to go about it) i would have to enter as an individual, without a club, and also get a blank gi/dobok to compete in

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and I am NOT a big man.

Tae Kwon Do (ITF) - 1st Dan Black Belt

Shotokan Karate - 6th Kyu

You can find where open tournaments are in your region very easily on the internet these days. Just get some info from the promoters - get them to mail you a flyer. And then show up. You can either watch toget a feel of how things are or jump right in to compete.

good luck

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

It is really quite easy to find out about torunaments and the like - google is your friend! :D

I usually look up karate and TKD or open MA tourneys on the web & let my instructors know about them. Even if no-one from my club goes then I still go anyway (sometimes, that is!)

If you really want to be more into competitions, though, then you might be better off searching for a school that likes competition fighting and promotes it. Occasional comps are fine, but if you want to be a serious competitor then you'd be better off in a competition-orienated school.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!