• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How to gain better balance

Co_Co

Hi Guys and Girls

This question may have been asked but i havent the time to brouse all of the previous.

i am trying everything i have seen in books and what i have heared from other people EX Put your socks and shoes on in the morring whilst balancing on the other leg. Ive tryed this and this is helping but does anyone have any other more effective methods Thanks for reading this.

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

my instructor has us put our hands on our hips while doing kicking exercises, two reasons. one is to strengthen our thumbs so our fists are tighter, and two being so we dont rely on our arms for balance during sparring

"Live life easy and peacefully, but when it is time to fight become ferocious."

Most of us rely to some degree on our eyes to help us balance, stand on one leg and close your eyes.

Another thing you can do is try standing on one leg on a soft surface. Anyone who has tried training on soft Judo/Jiu Jitsu mats will know exactly what I mean.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Look for some uneven ground on your walkabouts. A small mound, a slight slope to a retaining wall, that sort of stuff, and adjust your body weight so that you can feel how your balance has changed.

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia

Thanks for all your advice if try it all balenceing on a mound with my hands on my sid ewith my eyes closed lol

no any other ways please pass them on

Multiple kicks with one leg, without putting it down between kicks. See how many you can do, and how many different types. It's helped me.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

Try doing tsuru dachi (crane stance) with your eyes closed. Hold the stance for about a minute then switch to the othe foot. When you can do this for one minute each foot, go for longer amounts of time.

How many nuns could a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

Try standing on one leg while on a trampoline with one or two other people jumping up and down. Oh yeah, with your hands on your waist, too. Have fun! :D

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

Thanks Guy for all these tips irl try most of them exsept the one about sking skatboarding and the rest because i cant afford all of the equipment :lol: