• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Embroidered Black Belts

zuluking

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
What site(s) online would you recommend for Gold Embroidered Black Belts?

I wear Tokaido and the best place to get them with embroidery is probably https://www.tokaidojapan.com

There are other places where you can get embroidered belts but I have always worn Tokaido and haven't seen any look as good as them. You could try Hirota, Shureido, Kamikaze...Anybody have any suggestions for other places?

I've seen some crappy belt jobs in the lat couple of decades. I think the worse one I've ever seen is a slightly off white cotton twil belt with back course silk covering. The silk starts to degrade really fast pulling off in long threads leaving a worn old belt look in about 1 year.

My belt(s) were a gift from my sensei stitched with my name and his prior to being put together. My favorite one is silk covered and has had a lot of wear (now 10 years 8~12hours/week) and its showing its inards in only one spot where the knot is formed and its on the underside. I think this has to do with the silk used. Its very very fine and when a thread lets go there is black material under it. I will make a point of getting my buddy in japan to translate the lable and I will post the company.

I've also seen student razor their belts to start them falling apart faster. Its really funny seeing blackbelts in class that have been shodan for less than a year with belts that look more worn than mine with a decade on it. I plan to keep this belt for a few decades so by then I suppose it will look like I have some experience...

Anyone have any thoughts about his.. Personally I like a broken in belt like anyone else... but let it happen naturally with training..

I've also seen student razor their belts to start them falling apart faster. Its really funny seeing blackbelts in class that have been shodan for less than a year with belts that look more worn than mine with a decade on it.

Ha - good one. I know from HS American football = there were like benchwarmers who would scuff their helmets for the appearance to look like hitters, but only they really had splinters in their pants seats.

Tokaido thick cotton (non-satin finish) long last ... tough, good wear ... razors may not work :wink: -- belts should last, no washing, hang dry in sun, and encourage everyone to maintain same waist size - or you eating more than getting a good workout.

Osu.

TS

Takeda Shingen - 武田信玄

I've also seen student razor their belts to start them falling apart faster. Its really funny seeing blackbelts in class that have been shodan for less than a year with belts that look more worn than mine with a decade on it.

Ha - good one. I know from HS American football = there were like benchwarmers who would scuff their helmets for the appearance to look like hitters, but only they really had splinters in their pants seats.

Tokaido thick cotton (non-satin finish) long last ... tough, good wear ... razors may not work :wink: -- belts should last, no washing, hang dry in sun, and encourage everyone to maintain same waist size - or you eating more than getting a good workout.

Osu.

TS

HAHA, I play football for my high school, and one game i just wasnt performing...so when i got to get a drink i managed to get some dirt on my helmet and Jersey:). I guess im not the creative genius i thought i was.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I'd have to agree with Jussi Häkkinen, Shureido is a high quality provider for goods but they tend to be expensive. :cry:

"The fastest draw is when the sword never leaves the scabbard,

The strongest way to block, is never to provoke a blow,

And the cleanest cut is the one withheld."

"Karate is a defensive art from beginning to end. " - Gichin Funakoshi

I'd have to agree with Jussi Häkkinen, Shureido is a high quality provider for goods but they tend to be expensive. :cry:

Hmm, not really. Think about it...a good jogging outfit & shoes costs easily $200. It's about the same price that you'll pay for an uniform & belt made by Tokaido, Shureido, Hirota etc.

If you think about how long the uniforms last (my oldest Shureido uniform is ~8 years old now and still looks decent), the price isn't too much. Sure, if one is a student or has a low income, the price may take a while to rake up. Still, it's quite a wise thing to do.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland