• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Worst movies for the martial arts world

Hey, I sorta liked the first Bloodsport and Kickboxer movies, although Van Damme didn't appear to actually do any Muay Thai in Kickboxer. Still, Tong Po was awesome :)

"Legs?!? Dis guy was kicking one of deeese with his legs! Until plaster was falling down!"

:lol: :lol: Very nice!

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Don't think Karate Kid was responsible for generating the McDojo, Please don't hurt me for saying this but, Bruce Lee, Bruce Lee came before Karate Kid and during that era more people began learning MA than any other in America, and his Kiai, oh man his Kiai was one of the worst things thjat has ever happened to the Martial Arts, how many times have one oyou mentiones the martial arts and someone has gone WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, just like Bruce Lee, now everyone associates martial arts with that horrible chicken sound, the popularity of the nunchaku has Bruce Lee to blame as well, now Massachusetts (pardon my spelling) and New York have banned this weapon (but not firearms) because of Bruce Lee.

I wish I wish I hadn't killed that fish

.... oh man his Kiai was one of the worst things thjat has ever happened to the Martial Arts, how many times have one oyou mentiones the martial arts and someone has gone WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, just like Bruce Lee, now everyone associates martial arts with that horrible chicken sound....

I gotta agree on this one. I have never seen anyone kiai like Bruce Lee in real life yet all my non-martial arts friends think thats how its done!

Oh and I hate any of the 3 Ninjas! The Aiyaaa!!! kiais in that were really bad too.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 5 months later...

Also. how come in many MA movies I see, even in animes..The fencer (western swordsman) is the bad guy? :D Maybe a bit historical, but the image is just stuck..the dark lord..the black knight... :lol:

The stronger swordsman does not always win.

The one thing about Karate Kid I didn't like, and it's not the movie's fault, is how many people couldn't get past Crane Technique to understand the philosophy the film had to offer. All they remember is Daniel-san balancing on one leg.

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

The one thing about Karate Kid I didn't like, and it's not the movie's fault, is how many people couldn't get past Crane Technique to understand the philosophy the film had to offer. All they remember is Daniel-san balancing on one leg.

I hate it when people find out you do MA and all they can do is real bad imitations of the crane coupled with Bruce Lee-esque noises. Drives me crazy! :x

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

You know, when people do that, or otherwise goof on martial arts, I just think "at least I'm practicing and going to class 2-3 times a week and trying". What do you do besides play video game sports?

There is no martial arts without philosophy.

I think many people start martial arts for the wrong reasons.

we want to win a street fight, look tough, get girls, impress people, intimidate people, do tricks, get muscles, do splits, etc.

many movies portray that,

and that is what draws people to hard training. as they undergo years of training they are suppose to mature, get humble & improve character.

not many people go into martial arts because they want to increase patience :D

most of these movies encourage the 1st few steps into martial arts training.

I don't think it's so bad, but if you get stuck there or think that is all to it, then it's sad.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Six pages and no mention of Surf Ninjas?

The choreography is good.

The plot and story...not so great.

But it's one of those B movies that you can watch over and over again, laughing all the way.

I don't think it portrays the MAs in a bad light; just an overly comedic one...so please forgive me being off topic a bit.

However, I do deem it an awful, corny movie.

The trailer alone cracks me up every time:

Then we have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iYu0AY2eek

"Never Mess with Zorro"