• advertisement_alt

Is this guy for real?

Is this website a scam?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is this website a scam?

• Yes
    • No

From what I understand, the indications of an MA scam are:

- Claims the techniques are so super secret and so effective that "they" don't want you to know about them.

- Liberally "drops" the names of elite military units and government law enforcement agencies.

- Says that the moves are so simple that they can be mastered by anyone in a short amount of time.

Like someone else said in this thread previously, the techniques may be valid approaches to self-defense/personal combat taken from one or various martial arts styles. However, from what I've read about the kind of person who feels inclined to market their product this way, the person behind this may very well have some serious personal issues. In fact, they may be so deluded about what they're promoting that they actually believe that their product IS the personal combat system mainly used by the world's elite military units and top law enforcement agencies. Would you want to buy a product or learn something from someone like that?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vbvdfg

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

"Lt. X's" claim of an highly efficient teaching method may be valid. But the simple fact that he doesn't use his name because the techniques are "too deadly" makes his entire pitch suspect. I have to admit, though, he brings up a valid point that learning how to learn is the most important step in mastering a martial art (or anything else), but if you're interested in that, then you can find a plethora of information elsewhere (much of it from more trustworthy sources).

Wow!! This guy has a serious Napoleon complex. Large type, everything is "super secret" or the best possible. Sounds like he's trying to make up for shortcomings elsewhere.

I do wish I had $200 of disposable income so I could order it and see how it looks. If there really are a set of dvds.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

I do wish I had $200 of disposable income so I could order it and see how it looks. If there really are a set of dvds.

The 'set' is most likely a handful of burned DVD-Rs written on with a Sharpie pen... :P

If he practices 3 times, I must practice 6 times -- Osensei Nagamine

While I don't necessarily think it's a scam, I don't think you can turn into a "deadly-powerful lethal weapon" in an "astonishingly short time".

Maybe he is going to send you some good quality DVDs with a variety of well-explained martial arts techniques. Maybe he will help you learn how to learn. But if you're willing to part with $127 to become a deadly weapon through Lieutenant X's secret shortcuts, then I know a bridge that's for sale... ;)

Kata is like a good stir-fry: preparation and timing are everything.