• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

bill wallace

shorei_kai_student

I love Superfoot. His approach to multiple kicking and stretching are gems to anyone wishing to improve their kicking. I think part of his success as a fighter was his unpredictability even when using his left leg. He chambered his side, round and hook kick in the same position, and when he flicked that leg out it could have been any of those three kicks. To date, he is the only person I have heard of to KO people with hook kicks.

He teaches Kinesiology now at (I think) the University of Minnesota. He'd be a great teacher, with his knowledge of anatomy and movement coupled with his in-ring experience. And he's holiding seminars? I'm so envious.

You're kidding me? I've TKO'd and Ko'd people cold with a hook kick and I'm no where near superfoot's level of kicking. Generally speaking, I don't even throw this kick when I'm sparring because it's one of my more "heavier" kicks. I've seen Thais ko'd by this kick in Thailand every once in a while, too. My two most powerful head kicks are the hook kick and a kick I bring up like an axe kick but come down on the face with a forward push kick but strike with my heel.

I didn't know that he taught Kinesiology, that's pretty cool and definitely worth checking into if you're in the area. Correct me if I'm wrong but was superfoot's first black belt in Goju Ryu? I thought I read that somewhere and it always struck me as weird considering his fighting style.

Bill Wallace began his martial arts training in shorin-ryu karate. It was sort of by accident that he got into karate because originally he was an exceptional judo player with a background in wrestling. He got his start in judo while in the U.S. Air Force, and in 1966 he had the misfortune of sustaining a career-ending injury at least as far as competitive judo was concerned. He completely ripped the ligaments in his right knee.

While his knee was healing, Wallace seized the opportunity to get into karate and decided to "just do it." He trained with some positive and committed people at a school in Okinawa's Naha city, and, he made short work of earning his black belt.

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I knew it was because of a Judo accident that ruined his right knee that he got into Karate..I also knew that he earned his black belt in a little less then a year or so. I read that he would train around 8 hours a day and was a fanatic. Thanks for the info that it was shorin ryu, I know that he also trained under Khang Rhee of the WBBB/Pasa Ryu. I'm sure he's trained under many other people but never really heard exactly what Wallace's MA biography is, just bits and pieces every once in a while.

Definitely an interresting style, and I don't even mean by the way he chambers the same because a lot of knockdown karateka have been doing this for a long time. Or chambering for a front kick, throwing a roundhouse, chambering for a roundhouse, throwing a side, etc.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

• 4 weeks later...

Don't mean to change the subject of the thread, but if your interested in Musashi Miyamoto then you should look out for "The book of five rings".

"Greet your friends with open arms, and your enemies with open hands"

I ahve a great respect for Superfoot. I have had a chance to train with him twice in seminars and I always enjoy myself. Plus we are from generally the same area in Indiana and last I saw him he remembered me from 4 years before which really surprised me.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

Ya know, I don't think that wikipedia has a page on Superfoot Wallace, so you guys who know alot about him should totally make one. Otherwise where can people get good information on him?

we had a seminar one time with superfoot and one of the students smarted off to him and just started acting all stupid.....well superfoot gave him a nice fast roundhouse to the side of the head knocking this cocky young brown belt out....funny time

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

we had a seminar one time with superfoot and one of the students smarted off to him and just started acting all stupid.....well superfoot gave him a nice fast roundhouse to the side of the head knocking this cocky young brown belt out....funny time

Yep thats sounds like him. I have been kicked by him lightly and still thought it went through me.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

I actually did one of his seminars. He is a great teacher, he is one of those people that has done so many seminars that its not fun unless he isn't serious. My teacher did an interview with him on his podcast website https://www.karatekast.com. Look it up.

Martial arts training is 30% classroom training, 70% solo training.

https://www.instagram.com/nordic_karate/

I did one of his seminars as a brown belt some seven years ago, and it was awesome! I attribute most of my high-kick skills to him.

American Kenpo Karate- First Degree Black Belt

"He who hesitates, meditates in a horizontal position."

Ed Parker