• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gladitorial Fighting

Like in Rome fighting to the death in rings or events were common and in some places still common. The sad part many gladiators in ancient Rome may have also killed and endangered hundred of animals as well as human lives. THis may have also caused some animals to become endangered and extinct. What is your thoughts on gladitorial combat.

Is it not easier to strike a mountain than it is to strike a fly!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

ye sthey did ship in and kill huge numbers of animals but do you not think the cost of human life was more serious especially since most animals were used to kill gladiators.

[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2002-04-08 02:40 ]

On 2002-04-07 16:56, g wrote:

ye sthey did ship in and kill huge numbers of animals but do you not think the cost of human life was more serious especially since most animals were used to kill gladiators.

you

I don't appreciate your reference to Americans here, please refrain form this verbal abuse...thanks for your cooperation in advance...

http://community.webshots.com/user/jakmak521

[ This Message was edited by: Jack on 2002-04-08 05:54 ]

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

G don't be a racist.

I think the fights to the death were stupid and pointless. Even if they did it willingly. Who would give up their life just to try and look more superior then another person.

And the poor animals. :bawling:

Cya

Hiya

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

the people who were killed in the gladitorial fights were, on the whole, slaves so the idea of it being a voluntary activity is bull.

also i used the term american completely intentionaly, due to the fact that the america really invented this whole liberal anti-violence except in self defense idea (which can be justified) and then took too extremes and are completely anti raising a fist (even the martial artists).

is no one up for a good scrap these days

[ This Message was edited by: g on 2002-04-08 12:07 ]

Gladiators were mostly slaves that fought to buy their freedom. At the time nobody realized that they were decreasing animal populations so it wasn't a big deal.If you watch "pro" wrestling now I don't see why it should be so much different from the gladitorial games except that they were real and people died. It was all about sick people putting on a show.

Boards don't hit back.

-Bruce Lee