• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My suggestion would be to either write more broadly than Kung Fu, such as all of Martial Arts or more specifically, such as a specific style of Kung Fu. As others have said, it is almost entirely dependent on the student and his/her Instructor.

Another thing to consider is: will your partner/opponent have enough knowledge on the subject to debate you? Will he/she be given an opportunity to research before the event?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so maybe you guys agree there is no best style so is there a WORST style? Cause then i could just argue one style is better than the other and know im right because the one im arguing agianst is the worst style right??

My dad does brazilian ju jitsu (bjj) and he says karate and kung fu dont work at all in real fights. Ive seen his bjj class and all they do is roll around on the ground so how is that real fighting if they dont even punch and kick???

So can i argue that kung fu is better than bjj? Because kung fu guys are so fast or thier balance is so good that they cant be wrestled to the ground or because they know the death touch (is that even real??).

Help guys, this is due on weds when we go back to school and i havent even started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

theres also no worst style, just styles that do worse than others in certain areas.Karate and Kung-fu both can work in real fights, but without all the flashy movie crap. Also bjj is fighting and very effective also, but not if youre up againts more than one person at a time. Real fighting is more than just punching and kicking.Fighting can be in all ranges of combat (including grappling).Kung fu guys are fast, but if they don't know grappling against someone that does, they will get beat. As for the so called deat touch, it's a controversial subject. However Kung-Fu and lot's more other arts have pressure point attacks to help u win.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I'm going to quote Sifu Dave Lacey here. He is a master of the Buk Sing branch of the Choy Lay Fut style, which I do (except I'm under Lee Koon Hung branch).

The existence of so many different styles and systems of martial arts today has led people to ask the inevitable question, " Which is the best style or form of martial arts?" To this Master Lacey replies- "The style that you feel is best suited to your abilities, personal needs, and fulfills your expectations. For me, Choy Lay Fut is the martial art that has given me the greatest satisfaction and therefore it is the martial art style that I love most- so for me personally, Choy Lay Fut is the best as far as the Art of fighting is concerned. Choy Lay Fut has given me more than just cultural martial arts knowledge. It also gave me the spiritual enlightenment and philosophical wisdom that has helped me throughout my adult life. Everyone has their own personal preference as to what type of martial arts they want to take up and why they want to do it. Any self-defense system or fighting art is only as good as the person behind it. The effectiveness of an offensive technique depends on the speed, timing and precision of the move when executed. Sharp reflexes, nerves, wit, confidence as well as one's physical condition and endurance all play an important part in one's ability to defend oneself. Unfortunately many martial arts practitioners have the illusion that no one can beat them in a fight, thus underestimating the skills and prowess of other experienced fighters. The one important thing any competent martial artist should always keep in mind, is that no matter how good you think you are there's always others who can beat you!"

:wink:

Keep an open mind and train hard.

Peace

more importantly, if you don't put in the effort, it doesn't matter how good the style you train in is.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Having done kung fu as well as karate and tae kwon do for over 31 years, I would have a hard time saying that one martial art is better than another. However, if that's your position, you can say that kung fu has the most interesting looking forms. You can further explain that forms are set routines involving martial arts techniques designed to fight imaginary opponents. A non martial artist might understand if you debate that kung fu has the most beautiful and the widest variety of forms and weapons.

Clint

Free Spirit Martial Arts Activewear

http://www.FreeSpiritActivewear.com

what i want to know is, if you're doing a research project why don't you go do some reasearch instead of getting people to do your homework for you lol. beyond that almost all martial art systems have roots in kung fu i guess that's pretty impressive, not to mention it's thousands of years old and still effective today. i also agree that skill level of a fighter is based on the dedication of the person.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

I remember the old debates i dont have to do them any more and i quite miss them you need to think why it is the best martial art and also have some facts to back it up you could argue for example that a kung fu practitioner is able to implement chi gung into his strikes where as in other martial arts they dont do this and thus they are less powerful.

You could also argue that its stance are generally higher than karate stances for example and they have quicker movement in that respect. bruce lee studided a form of kung fu and had great movement in comparisson to chuck norris for example.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.