• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hi guys!!

I have a report to do for school and i am hoping you could take some time to help me with it. Its creative writing for a debate class so we got to pick any topic we wanted and i picked kung fu. Were supposed to argue something but also argue against possible counters. So I'm going to argue that kung fu is the best martial art. How do i prove it? Its really just an opinion, what facts are there to support it? My teacher is a woman so she probably hasnt seen Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan and Jet Li so she doesn't know. How do i explain it to her in words? And what counters to my points could someone come up with and how do i prove them wrong?

If any of you are black belts and i could quote you in my report that would be awesome!

Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touchy subject. I dont have sound advice, however good luck with this one. I suggest looking into the philosphy which kung fu practitioners generaly have.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Hi guys!!

I have a report to do for school and i am hoping you could take some time to help me with it. Its creative writing for a debate class so we got to pick any topic we wanted and i picked kung fu. Were supposed to argue something but also argue against possible counters. So I'm going to argue that kung fu is the best martial art. How do i prove it? Its really just an opinion, what facts are there to support it? My teacher is a woman so she probably hasnt seen Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan and Jet Li so she doesn't know. How do i explain it to her in words? And what counters to my points could someone come up with and how do i prove them wrong?

If any of you are black belts and i could quote you in my report that would be awesome!

Thanks

Examine your persuppositions first to see if this is a valid starting point.

Peace

Are you saying kung fu is not the best martial art? I think it is, but if its not then tell me what is and i can use that instead. Karate? Taekwondo? Judo? I dont really care i just need to make an argument for one of them and challange any possible counters to it.

Also im seeing on google sometimes kung fu is spelled gung fu or gong fu? What is correct????

Are you saying kung fu is not the best martial art? I think it is, but if its not then tell me what is and i can use that instead. Karate? Taekwondo? Judo? I dont really care i just need to make an argument for one of them and challange any possible counters to it.

Also im seeing on google sometimes kung fu is spelled gung fu or gong fu? What is correct????

Well i dont belevie in an "ultimate" art. Its the practitioners who defines the art, not the other way around. Also i believe the difference in spelling may have to do with languge reasons and pronunciations and possibly time periods.

-As for your argument, again i suggest looking into martial art philosphy and the differences and arguments they have between each other.

William Penn

Okay so youre saying good students can make any martial art work? Im sure thats true.

But there HAS to be a "best" martial art right? What if a black belt in kung fu fights a black belt in karate, someone has to win right? Assume theyre the exact same size and strength and athletic ability and theyve been training the same amount of time. Someone has to win right???

So who wins kung fu against karate or kung fu against taekwondo or kung fu against judo? the kung fu guy most of the time right???

Or have i seen to many movies lol!!

Yea lol, its the movies. Look around the site, youll find many topics regarding this subject. And some would argue this, however in my opinion no there doesnt have to be the "best" martial art. It would take a long time to cover and discuss all the ground you are speaking of.

William Penn

you wil notice that the same teams do not win the super bowl or the world series each year. They depend on the players, team name doesn't win. This is the answer to your questions. The winner of the fight depends on the players. I could give you more to this answer, but that's not the kind of teacher I am. Students remember more when they come up with the answer themselves. Here is the path, now walk grasshopper.

place clever martial arts phrase here

No offense or anything but this question is pretty much impossible to answer. However, if you were going to ask Bruce Lee, he would say JEET KUNE DO! That is the way of fighting he invented. It takes techniques from many different martial arts and combines them all. You could simply argue its the best because it takes techniques from everything. Not a very valid argument, but it would make sense.

Seek not and you will find. -Lao Tsu

when u say kung-fu u are being very general as theres too many systems of kung-fu to name. As for it being the ultimate art, that's the media doing that. The effectiveness of the art lies within the fighter. Also a fighter can be really good at Kung-fu , but the thing with kung-fu is that it's grappling is very limited. So if a Judo or wrestler that also did Kung-fu or some other punch/kick art, they would have the upper hand since they could just out grapple them.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu