• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats the best way to Stretch your legs

Co_Co

i know i am flexible i am quit high all ready but i am trying to keep my self at this height or go higher and also get my accuracy to go with it.

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

morning stretch is very important...when you rise ...do series of stretches...while you remain in bed...split, groin, back, hamstring, quad...etc. The matress cushions and will provide backside/seat/tailbone support...hold positions for a long time..no bouncing...breathe deeply. H2O must enter your blood/muscles/ligs...also go get good massage.

Osu.

TS

Takeda Shingen - 武田信玄

morning stretch is very important...when you rise ...do series of stretches...while you remain in bed...split, groin, back, hamstring, quad...etc. The matress cushions and will provide backside/seat/tailbone support...hold positions for a long time..no bouncing...breathe deeply. H2O must enter your blood/muscles/ligs...also go get good massage.

Osu.

TS

Whooooza dude... H20 must enter your blood/lig..... Are you staying stay hydrated? Just curious, as most don't even think about hydration and connective tissue synthesis.

"dehydration may compromise integrity of connective tissues subject to mechanical loading. Considering that many connective tissues such as in articular joints require a relatively high water content for optimal functioning under stress, dehydration may increase incidence of injury or jeopardize healing and repair of injured tissue."

Ruberg RL. Role of nutrition in wound healing. Surg Cl No Am 1984; 4:705-714.

Berg RA, Kerr JS. Nutritional aspects of collagen metabolism. Annu Rev Nutr 1992; 369-390.

This is one of the reasons that I insist on water breaks during workouts, not just during hot weather. I remember "in the old days" teachers restricting water as a means of making us tough. I think they had water restriction one too many times.

you are right .....H2O and deep breathing in exercise - -- fill all the lungs, not just top third...breathing from the stomach - dropping the diaphram, full inhale and exhale is important...for H2O...before and during.... no water breaks does not make one tough. yes, Hobbes is very right about keep hydrated all the time is another critical element for flexible muscle/joint/ligament.

Thank you.

Osu.

TS

Takeda Shingen - 武田信玄

• 2 weeks later...

WoW guys i never thought of dehidration irl keep it in mind :P

irl try the early morning stretching and see how it works out

my new Sensei showed me some stretches on sun and i really went for it and now my legs are killing i talked to him he said its good because they are getting use to streaching that bit further so im going to keep at it and see how it works out irl be able to kick light shades soon :lol:

Thanks again guys and if u now any more tip please pass them on

The Reason I Train, Is So I Dont Have To Fight.

you are right .....H2O and deep breathing in exercise - -- fill all the lungs, not just top third...breathing from the stomach - dropping the diaphram, full inhale and exhale is important...for H2O...before and during.... no water breaks does not make one tough. yes, Hobbes is very right about keep hydrated all the time is another critical element for flexible muscle/joint/ligament.

Keep in mind that under normal state of rest the lower 1/3 of the the three lobes of the lungs are readily available for oxygen / carbon dioxide diffusion not the upper third. I'm assuming that this was just a slip up - my friend. Why not use all the lungs... heh.. well we need a reserve capacity in the event of greater work loads. At rest the tissues in the upper portion of the lungs aren't fully perfused with blood so gas / blood transport is not efficient. We only have about 6 liters of blood in our bodies for a average male less for a female so its the rate that it gets pushed around that is important combined with appropriate degrees of vasodilatation.

If you kick someone in the thigh and cause them severe shock, vasodilatation can occur and a significant portion of the body's blood pools in the lower legs causing the person to lose conscienceless. Usually when a person panics, they over ventilate which feels like you aren't getting enough oxygen.

Panic is your enemy. when you feel the rush of adrenaline, train your self to become familiar with this and make it your friend.

Good training for Karate is public speaking...