• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street Fight

AceKing

Once had a situation where a guy backed into me at a bar.. He was upset that another guy was eyeing his GF. Turned to me and decided to take his frustrtions out on me. Why?? no idea, didn't meet the guy before then and I did nothing but get backed into. ( I was standing still ). Guess he though that I pushed him... dunno. He took a swing at me and all I could do was head butt his fist and hope that he wasn't wearing a ring.

His second fist hit me on the jaw. Now he didn't even realize that the first blow had (as I found out later) broken every metacarpal in his right hand, so the second blow felt like getting smacked my a bean bag.

Point is, he didn't realize his injury at the time,but I can assess from his look on his had that he had no idea why his punch was so ineffective. My buddy's girlfriend told me later that after he hit me on the jaw, I just turned around and sipped my beer like nothing happned.

I recall it differntly, however. I recall turning taking a drink of my beer and looking for the exit to leave which is what I did.

Heh, anyways, when people are mad, angry, drunk or high, they don't even realize they've been hurt.

A hail of bullets can be as dangerous as a single well placed shot. If you assume you will hit and accept that fact then you may have a better chance to interupt the barrage.

in order for an engine to run you need spark and fire. Take away his breath and his balance and you then have the advantage.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Situational awareness is everything. In a bar, you see drunken rowdy guys - avoid. Why be near them when there are so many pretty girls around to talk to …someone steps on you, apologize and find a way out…or buy him a drink…never be in a corner, or with no exit. Always exit strategy. In the street, someone comes for your money, take $$ out wallet, and throw it to the wind…he will be on the floor picking up $$, take the wallet and run ....uh, oh, --- after 10-15 meters, if your adversary is still chasing you, he is stupid…and unfortunately after you – not $, so start to zig-zag, run around autos, etc...if he is still chases you, feint a throw of something at him. For him, natural reaction will be to stop, duck, put his hands up to his face....Now you can escape and run faster...if still he is after you, use your peripheral vision (good for you are in shape...he is puffing exhaustion), so see where he is…slow…let him get close, just enough almost…to touch..you..and THEN! Stop, ushiro geri kick to the groin or plant and turn, side-step him then throw him (uki - harai goshi/seoi nage/uchi mata is nice), or as you stop and pivot into him, drive elbow in, or temple or body shot, as you sidestep yori-ashi…he is down….do not turn your back - zanshin – look for his friends… Then walk away…. Karate ni sente nashi...

Osu.

TS

Takeda Shingen - 武田信玄

Situational awareness is everything. In a bar, you see drunken rowdy guys - avoid. Why be near them when there are so many pretty girls around to talk to …someone steps on you, apologize and find a way out…or buy him a drink…never be in a corner, or with no exit. Always exit strategy.TS

Heh, this is so true. My sensei always say... best defense.. no be there.

strategy no.2

dig hole...

introduce opponent to hole

run

I usually bring my feet into the situation, front kicks and the like to the hips and upper abdomen to help close it up, then try and trap their arms and take them to the ground.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

....after he hit me on the jaw, I just turned around and sipped my beer like nothing happned.

I saw this happened before to my friend who is like a sumotori or that Thing on the Fantastic 4...I still laugh when I think of how when the man's look was like shocked!

...dig hole...

introduce opponent to hole.

This is also good - LOL, seeing bad guy going in head first!

nice...

Takeda Shingen - 武田信玄

• 1 month later...

this is a strange question, are all the punches overhand punches, when you say not looking at where he is hitting is he looking at me at all!

I need more information before I can answer this question!

MARTIAL ARTS IS NOT A GAME...THEREFORE IS NOT A SPORT!

I know this is going to be kind of off the wall, but have any of you guys seen bumfights? I got one of the DVD's from a friend of mine over the weekend, and I have to say from a real perspective it's not to bad. Just mentally block all the dialogue and just watch the street fighting. This is how actual fights look, not UFC or any of that junk. Anyway, if someone wants to see what real people's strategies and stuff look like, you might want to take a look at this. It's kind of a shocker, but it will put your training in perspective.

John

I know this is going to be kind of off the wall, but have any of you guys seen bumfights? I got one of the DVD's from a friend of mine over the weekend, and I have to say from a real perspective it's not to bad. Just mentally block all the dialogue and just watch the street fighting. This is how actual fights look, not UFC or any of that junk. Anyway, if someone wants to see what real people's strategies and stuff look like, you might want to take a look at this. It's kind of a shocker, but it will put your training in perspective.

John

Ok I would take a look, however where could I find info on the topic?

But wierd thing to watch. Like said below though, its pretty insulting to alot of people.

Edited by Menjo

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn