• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Street Fight

AceKing

I have been around alot of fights and i have noticed the same thing, the two or more fighting just go all out dont even look where they punch most of the time. How would you deal with some one like that if they were always on you just puching away?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there swinging wild like you said... parry, block, catch a arm and tie them up.. after there tied up 'trapped' give them a few pops and hopefully they will have settled down.lol! I'am not going to stand toe to toe no time for that nonsense.lol!

When that happens i like to use my muay thai training, so generally ill use a strong knee, possibly followed with an elbow to the temple if the opportunities there. If there far away i like to use shotokan which could be any general of techniques, but usually a low kick or a mid level punch followed up with something again.

Edited by Menjo

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

We deal with this issue at each practice session. The fact is u have to break the distance atleast by half if not entirely - then the opponents punches will not have any effect. You could do it just by steping towards the opponent but we practice the s.c. " entry " with a hit with the elbow either to the face, shoulder, chest ( it depends on wheteher u r small tall etc. ) I with my 6"6 always hit the face in most cases. That alone is a shock for 99% of the people but it doesnt stop there. Thats SHOCKAGE which u must continue with any of the numerous combinations , grapling techniques, punches, kicks ...

To show u what i mean I will share with you a shrot demonstrations from my masters ( Kincl 5.dan RKK and Brezovnik 1. dan RKK ).

http://www.rksi.net/video/demonstracija_anglija_05.wmv

Enjoy

Comments are welcome.

Kempo Arnis Slovenia - Training under sensei Borut Kincl begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting ( 6. DAN RKK, 1.DAN Modern arnis ... )

Blab of Buyseech - My blog for Martial Arts and Marketing

I agree with those above!

In my own words:

Close the gap.

Parry if need be

Then strike

Then strike-down

or

Sweep (or take the knee) with throw down,

Continue striking, then lock, submission hold into a break if need be.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

The whole trick to street fighting is closing the gap, and keeping yourself aware of the situation. As soon as the guy you are fighting's buddy decides to hop in, make sure you can get your opponent between his friend and you. It's all situational awareness.

The thing some people dont relize about fighting on the street is you never want to stand and exchange punches and kicks, like a full contact match...why? your putting yourself at risk to get hurt seriously when you start exchanging blows even if your the better fighter you still are most likely going to receive a few shots and it only takes 1 sometimes to hurt you bad or worse if it connects right and if you have the guys buddies around theyw ill take that chance to jump in and beat you down, always best to deflect clinch and tie them up and finich with a strike or break and arm after a trap e.t.c... also the street theres no gloves, referees to protect you from injury, corner men e.t.c.. who gets out alive gets to go home.. theres no winners, its very sad to see.