• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Discussions on the Eugue Ryu style of Karate.

Eugeu_Ryu_Stylist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuesday and Thursday nights, and occasionally a Saturday seminar. And, of course, we're expected to spend time training on our own.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Tues and Thurs adult class is an hour and a half. I go for kids' class, too, though, to help out and to learn, and that lasts for an hour. So, on Tues and Thurs, I'm at the dojo for about three hours. I love it to death, and so many people have trouble understanding how a sixteen year old girl could possibly love getting beat up at a dojo more than shopping.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Yeah, I am a 17 year old guy and my friends think that I am wierd. They think that anybody who practices the Martial Arts are wierd.

One day, my friend Kevin told me that I wouldn't have a life if I didn't practice Martial Arts. I told him that Martial Arts is a way of life, and that it is the same thing with him and basketball. You have to devote your body and soul to gain mastery.

My friends don't think I'm weird. They KNOW I'm weird. I've been called obsessed frequently, and for people who aren't MAs, it's hard for them to understand that MA is a way of life, not an obsession. An obsession is something you mold your life to fit around, a way of life is not molded around something, it IS something. A lot of people just don't get it. Two of my best friends were in the MA. One's already quit. The one who was there before me, even, will be quitting. I couldn't dream of quitting.

My friends don't understand it. I have been practicing Martial Arts for almost 11yrs. I started with Kenpo and Shotokan. Then I moved on to Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Shaolin Chuan, and Tai Chi. Then I decided it was time to try Muay Thai. I still practice those arts when I am not practicing Eugue Ryu. I just love the Martial Arts.

I'm a lot new than you are, I've only been around for about two years. If you want to count previous MA time, you could say closer to three years....but I've always been fascinated. I was one of those kids who sat and watched the Ninja Turtles, the Power Rangers (who rocked my world), Dragon Ball Z, and I ran around and played fighting games with the boys.

I wish more people understood it, but you can't really expect them to understand it. Learning to fight to live with peace is really a foreign concept to some.

And I have to go know, because it is past midnight and I have exams to study for in class tomorrow. I AM only a sophomore, after all.

Man, I just got done sparring with my friend Mike. A few weeks ago he approached me and said he would like to learn Karate, but he didn't have enough money to go to any classes. So I taught him the basics, and how to apply them, and now he can use them in combat. I'm just happy that one of my friends took an interest in Martial Arts.