• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Discussions on the Eugue Ryu style of Karate.

Eugeu_Ryu_Stylist

Good Luck ERS! Hope you pass.

KL, we used to train in the basement of the ELK's lodge around the corner when I first started. I still remember most of my first class that day (we were working on a modified Shiho-Nage techniques). When the class moved downtown to the main street (can't remember the name of the main street through Wapak, sorry), my sister and I were pretty much the only ones to show up to help repaint and work on it. I haven't even been in the new dojo outside of town yet, though my brother has sent me pictures. It looks great. It's been almost 10 years since I started training with Sensei Topp. I am getting old! HA!

Howdy Destro, nice to hear from you. Cheers from England!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's Auglaize street...but I'm no Wapak native, so don't take my word for it.

And yeah, the new dojo is great. We have room enugh I think a class of 12-14 or so could probably do bokudan kata in it. In the old dojo, only 7 or 8 could at max, and that was at a stretch with people jumping out of the way of others. It's good that we have so much room because the kids class is huge. We normally have two lines of kids, and at one point I think we started a third line.

I've trained with Sensei less than two years, but I these days I wonder what on earth I DID before I came there. I would never even dream of leaving.

And bueno suerte a ti Eugue_Ryu_Stylist!

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Neither had I, actually. I made a thread on here about it once, and quite a few people said they thought it was a made up martial art.

About how many people are in your dojo, ERS? We have two classes, and I think together there might be 30-40 students. Possibly more, possibly less, depends on the month.

Make sure you tell us how the test goes!

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Blue belt test isn't bad, as long as you study well. If your sensei says you should have no problems, then you should do well, as long as you don't get nervous and freeze. I'm guessing you won't do that, though, because you've gotten through two other tests.

My blue belt test was pretty easy for me. It was the green belt test that had me scared out of my wits and wanting to hide in a small dark corner for the weeks leading up to it.