• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Discussions on the Eugue Ryu style of Karate.

Eugeu_Ryu_Stylist

Mr. Miyagi rocks, but he died! It was really sad....The Karate Kid films are part of what got me into this. Combined with a father who had been a high ranking TKD person, watching Mortal Kombat by age 6, having the Power Rangers and the Ninja Turtles....yes, I was doomed to get sucked into this. I wouldn't have it any other way, either.

Who are Perry Wiltsey and Mark Hunter?

We have a pretty big adult class now, back in Ohio. There's even a few teenagers, but I don't know if you know any of us teens, except for maybe Craig.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi K! Yeah, new faces come and go all the time in class. I would be surprised if I knew a lot of people in the adult class since I haven't been in there in three years. As for those two people... basically Mr Young had a council of Eugue Ryu instructors in Ohio to help run things. I believe they were Mr. Perry Wiltsey (spelling???), a Yodan, Mr. Rodney Kohler (a Yodan), Sensei Topp (Sandan), and Mr. Jeff Fee (Sandan). I have worked out a few times with Senseis Fee and Kohler, but only saw Mr. Wiltsey once in the last ten years. I am not sure who Mark Hunter is, though he sighed the guestbook on the Lima class website and claimed he was a Sandan. I have never met him nor heard of him before and I don't think he lives in Kansas. I may be wrong about the ranks of the council as well.

Sensei Baswell- I talked to my instructor last night, he was glad to hear that I had been in touch with you. Mr Young called him recently and asked him to let the Kansas students know about Mr. Adams. He said he would be glad to fill you in further on details if you wanted to call him or email him. If you email me I will provide his contact details for you. Take care!

Kieran- Sensei Topp said he knew you were "talking" to me on the net. Hope that your belt still feels new and that you haven't run anyone over lately. ;-) Ciao!

SamuraiDave- I know he knew because I told him myself. I think he might have known before then because he certainly wasn't surprised. He knows who I am here, and whether that's from his own efforts or from other people reading and seeing I haven't figured out yet. It's a good reminder that you are always be watched by someone, somewhere, somehow. On some level, that's creepy. But by this time, it's just normal.

The belt is still feels new, and last Tuesday was one of the nights I felt like I was an orange belt, not a green belt.

And I don't run over people unless it's in race car games and you get extra bonus points for it. Then it's okay to run over people.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Sensei Smith, I put in a phone call to Sensei Topp, on monday, I haven't heard back as of yet. One of his children answered the phone, and was very mature and professional acting. Thanks for your help.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone on the Eugue Ryu thread. I'm new to the style and loving it. I'm currently a student of Sensei Topp's.

Kieran, is there anybody else from class active on this site? Anyway, see ya tomorrow at the dojo cleaning. Maybe.

Hey Aaron. No, nobody else from our regular class appears to have an account that they post with. Sensei is definitely aware of this site, though, and it's watched.

And I'll be at the Dojo Spring Cleaning for sure.

Haven't been to one of his SPring Cleanings in years. KL, did you start training after he moved out of the city or when the dojo was downtown?

I started when the dojo was downtown, almost two years ago. Let's see...this would be my...21st month. It doesn't seem like it could possibly have been that long. We moved out to this dojo a year ago this month, so that would have been 10 months after I started training.

You know, I could tell you the date of my very first class at the dojo, and I could tell you almost everything that happened during that class. I remember the strangest stuff.

The Spring Cleaning was fun, though. I had to leave about an hour into it for a Jazz performance for band, but I really didn't want to. I was having fun.