• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Discussions on the Eugue Ryu style of Karate.

Eugeu_Ryu_Stylist

Say your facing your opponent, and he/she throws a right punch at either your face or your solar plexus, you would bring your left hand up and start to guide the attack, immediatley afterwards the right hand would come up under the left hands wrist and take over the guiding, you would guide it away from you, and you would be on the outside of their attack, but your body would turn so that you could keep their hand/arm in your center, so that you are always in control. And while doing this you could move up and/or behind your opponent leaving him/her completely open to attack.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I see. We call that circular block. I thought that might be what you were talking about, but I wanted to make sure. We work on that a lot, and it really is useful.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I can't say I really have too much of a favorite...different ones are useful for different occasions. Of course, the best thing to always do is to move out of the way.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

It will be interesting to read, then. I'll probably read it tomorrow, when I'm a little more awake. I had class tonight, and then a party right after, so I'm a bit beat right now. I've had a few other things to say tonight, but they keep flying out of my head.

I'm curious to see this explaination also, sounds chinese.

K.L. do-itashi-mashita.

It will be interesting to see what everyone thinks about the way we trained compared to now. And i am only comparing the new schools in our area I think for me it may be tougher now because we have evolved into such a eclectic style ( blind dragon will respond to the word eclectic) that there is a lot more techniques to perfect. We emphisize the importance of tournaments and the free kata where gymnastics plays such an large role. We also sparred a lot. for long periods of time 1 to 1 1/2 hours changing partners frequently physical training was something we did then that I don't see as much of now. at least in the schools around here. Have fun enjoy all karate is good!

Hm. Well, at class tonight, I did ask Sensei about the yellow book, and I asked about the mysterious yonkyu kata. The yellow book is a bit outdated, which is why we have our packets, which I suppose is like the yellow book.

Sensei Topp says that we don't have a yonkyu kata.

And now, I'm tired from class and band, so I'm going to bed. But I absolutely had to post the conclusion to the mystery of yonkyu.