• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hockey anyone?

niel0092

I loved hockey in school but the bigger girls always used to hit my legs with their sticks. Imagaine your legs in the wet and cold with just a gym skirt...ouch it hurt. Put me off hockey for life, although i do enjoy watching it.

Heh heh, I was one of those bigger girls!

I played (grass) hockey for my school and was like the proverbial bull in a china shop - my PE teacher always claimed that I used to think the object of the game was to whack as many people as you could with your stick. :wink: I once had the dubious 'honour' of being the person in school who'd commited the most fouls in a season. :D

I love ice hockey, although I've never played. I can skate well, though, and theres a rec. ladies team near me. I may decide to have a go one day. I was a bruiser at grass hockey, I should make a good goon for ice hockey! lol

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love ice hockey, although I've never played. I can skate well, though, and theres a rec. ladies team near me. I may decide to have a go one day. I was a bruiser at grass hockey, I should make a good goon for ice hockey! lol

Mmmm, I think that the time is right for women in the NHL. You can play for the Blackhawks! :D They could use a goon...maybe you can bruise a few of them too. That might get a fire started under them. :D

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Mmmm, I think that the time is right for women in the NHL.

So do I! :D

I'd love to play for the NHL... can't see it ever happening though. If I do, then you can tell the Blackhawks they gotta pick me. :lol: :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

The way that the Hawks are playing these days a team full of women would be an improvement...sorry to say. I hang my head in shame almost every year.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

The way that the Hawks are playing these days a team full of women would be an improvement...sorry to say. I hang my head in shame almost every year.

lol, sounds like my team here in the UK. We were a major driving force in UK hockey for a long time but a sucession of poor owners put paid to any trophy winning, or even financial stability. :cry:

We've just lost 3 of our best players (one to another UK club, and 2 to European leagues) and it looks as though another player may jump ship to go play in France too. :(

Off-season is rubbish - not only are there no games to watch but most of the recruitment news seems to be bad too!

Sheffield Steelers!

lol, sounds like my team here in the UK. We were a major driving force in UK hockey for a long time but a sucession of poor owners put paid to any trophy winning, or even financial stability. :cry:

We've just lost 3 of our best players (one to another UK club, and 2 to European leagues) and it looks as though another player may jump ship to go play in France too. :(

Off-season is rubbish - not only are there no games to watch but most of the recruitment news seems to be bad too!

Gee does William W. Wirtz own your team too? :D

Gee does William W. Wirtz own your team too? :D

:lol: lol, must do!! :D

Actually, we got a new owner and a new coach now, so things are looking up! We just need some players now... :D

Sheffield Steelers!

Who do people think will win the Stanley Cup? I think if it had gone to 3-0 Hurricanes then they would've won outright. As it is, Oilers stand a much better chance of winning now it's only 2-1. I think if they can keep their heads and work on keeping a solid defence then the Oilers could win the whole thing.

Sheffield Steelers!