• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what is on your test for black belt. include one steps ,etc.

Well, they are required to do all lower belt forms, 10 of them (ITF patterns) 5 - SD one-steps, board break 3 stations (Advanced techniques, jump reverse side kicks, jump kicks over partners) and sparring; one on one, two on one, three on one.

That would be the actual testing...to be invited to test would include attitude, basic technique skill, time in rank and maturity. All to be determined in class. PM or Email me if this does not cover your question.

-Adam

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aikido:

1) Katatekosadori Kokyunage

2) Katatedori Tenkan Kokyunage

3) Katadori Ikkyo

4) Munatsuki Koteoroshi

5) Yokomenuchi Shihonage

6) Shomenuchi Kokyunage

7) Katadori Nikyo

8 ) Katatori Sankyo

9) Katatori Yonkyo

10) Yokomenushi Zenpounage

11) Ryotedori Zenpounage

12) Ushirotekubidori Zenpounage

13) Ushirotekubidori Kubijime Sankyonage

14) Ryotedori Tenchinage

15) Ushirodori Kokyunage Zenpou

16) Ryotemochi Kokyunage Enundo

18 ) Zagi Handachi Munatsuki Koteoroshi

19) Zagi Handachi Yokomenuchi Zenpounage

20) Munatsuki Zenpounage

21) Munatsuki Sudori

22) Munatsuki Kaitennage

23) Ryotemochi Koteoroshi

24) Ryotemochi Kokyunage Hachi-no-Ji

25) Yokomenuchi Koteoroshi

26) Yokomenuchi Kokyunage Hachi-no-Ji

27) Shomenuchi Koteoroshi

28 ) Shomenuchi Ikkyo

29) Ushirotekubidori Koteoroshi

30) Ushirotekubidori Ikkyo

Most have entering or turning variations, and are performed on the left and right side, so about 100 techniques - along with a few taigi - which are sets of 5-7 defenses to a paticular attack. Also included in the test, ken and jo forms, and a four man attack. All in all a two day affair.

i'm only looking for the number of techniques not really the names of each, Thank you for that tho. I just need as many responses as possible. If you do want to name each technuique, please do so in english for the rest of us common folk.[/i]

Edited by Sensei Rick

place clever martial arts phrase here

At my karate school the test is very secret. No black belt would tell me what the test consists of, nor will any who have tested and failed. Not even my friends :/

But The prep for the test alone takes several months... I'm not in a hurry

to get a black belt in shorin ryu karate though. :dodgy:

for me it's all about the wing chun :D

EDIT: I was just reading the post right before this one about... ya black belt tests.

**Please don't tell me what you had to do for your test - I believe that the events of a black belt test should remain within the black belt community of your school. I am merely interested in the overall difficulty level of the test.

-Thanks

lol sensei rick did you defy him on purpose?

YAY pepto bismol

**Please don't tell me what you had to do for your test - I believe that the events of a black belt test should remain within the black belt community of your school. I am merely interested in the overall difficulty level of the test.

-Thanks

LOL, not trying to be a snob but, My original post was Dec. 23 last year, isshynryu hearts, was jan 7th. He is the copy cat. :lol:

place clever martial arts phrase here

lol oh ya got to remember to check the date on these posts, sorry about the accusation then :P

-Thanks

LOL, not trying to be a snob but, My original post was Dec. 23 last year, isshynryu hearts, was jan 7th. He is the copy cat. :lol:

YAY pepto bismol

I study WTF TKD. We have: 15 poomse (katas), 10 kicking drill patterns, 14 self defence techniques, 72 one-steps, 16 2 steps, a 2 round at 3 minutes a round sparring match with one of the masters, and we have to do a 5 part breaking demonstration with the last break being a 5 board power break (back kick). We also have 100 basic motions that we have to perform and we have to recite all basic knowledges (ex. studet creed, 11 aims of TKD, princlples of BB). It's broken up into 3 sessions over the course of 3 months.

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering."

• 1 month later...

we need to now

1-5-6 kicks

2-less than 10 strike

3-4-5 blocks

4-8 prearrenged offensive combination

5-6 kihon kata

6-7 yakusoku

7-14 katas

8-some self defense

9-some kumite

10- mult. attackers

this is our dojo but official test book of shorinkan is 30 pages and you gotta go through all of that,