• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Eosin Panther belts

joejackson649

I have been considering purchasing a 2 inch wide black belt from them and have exchanged a couple of emails with him. I have heard a lot of great compliments from their customers.

My question is about the fading effect to the belt. I have heard many people state that they last a long time. Do the black belts keep their black color while still allowing a distict white show from normal wear?

The reason I ask is because I currently use a Century cotton canvas belt. Not only does it wearing from the edges of the belt, the whole belt seems to be loosing its black dye. I know these questions might seem weird, but please help. Thanks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

To carry over from another thread I just made, Satin belts tend to maintain their deep black colour, while still having a great deal of fading to white. That is to say, anything that is not frayed or faded is usually the same black that you bought it as.

Edited by kurome

"You all come from different instructors, so as I look around the room I may see many different

ways of preforming this kata, however, if you are turning left and I turn right, we have a problem."

-Renshi Thomas Apsokardu (Godan, Okinawa Kenpo Karate Kobudo Koryu Kan)

Matthew Sullivan

I just got a belt from Eosin-Panther about a month ago & it looks great. I took the recommendations of the folks on this board. All belts wear out in time. I think you'll get what you're looking for from Mr. Yi at Eosin-Panther.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• 3 months later...

I have a Eosin Panther belt and it is very good quality and the embroidering is top grade. However it is thick its hard to tie and its uncomfortable for me so I don't ever wear it. Thing is it is not even one of the 2in belts its only 1 3/4.

One of my black belts as a Eosin that she likes and has really given the belt a workout. It has held up very well but has torn on the edges and faded worse then my tokaido.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

I have a Eosin Panther belt and it is very good quality and the embroidering is top grade. However it is thick its hard to tie and its uncomfortable for me so I don't ever wear it. Thing is it is not even one of the 2in belts its only 1 3/4.

One of my black belts as a Eosin that she likes and has really given the belt a workout. It has held up very well but has torn on the edges and faded worse then my tokaido.

They make softer belts now, in adittion to the hard belts.

http://www.eosinpanther.com/cgi-bin/beltcon.cgi

They make softer belts now, in adittion to the hard belts.

http://www.eosinpanther.com/cgi-bin/beltcon.cgi

Thats good to know thanks for the FYI.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

Sorry you didn't know about the soft belt option, Brandon. Most people like them better. They're easier to keep tied & hand more naturally. I didn't know either until I read a thread on here last fall.

I just ordered another belt from them last week. Since I joined a new organization, they require certain things on their belts. I was very happy to call them again.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

Sorry you didn't know about the soft belt option, Brandon. Most people like them better. They're easier to keep tied & hand more naturally. I didn't know either until I read a thread on here last fall.

I just ordered another belt from them last week. Since I joined a new organization, they require certain things on their belts. I was very happy to call them again.

Well last I ordred from them was about 6 years ago so I know they didn't offer it then. But no biggie I still appreciate the fyi.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

You might try putting it in the dryer to soften it up. (Or beat it with a rock :D ). Wear will also soften it a bit.