• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Filippino " Yaw-Yan" Kick Boxing Clips

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

They're kicks are nice. You can tell they practrice religiously. I don't like how they do their spinning back kicks. They don't even look at where they are kicking. Also, they don't set up there kicks with punches. They all threw lazy 1 2 combinations, except for one that threw a hook. They didn't appear to commit to the punches, they acted like they were just getting them out of the way, so they could get on with the kicks. That reminds me of what can happen when you throw a 1 2 combo and don't commit with the jab, before throwing the right cross, or left cross for the southpaws. They reminded me of a well train TKD that could take a punch, and throw a mean Thai kick. Or I should say take a kick, since there weren't any real punches thrown.

Justfulwardog

By daily dying I have come to be. ~Theodore Roethke

Each forward step we take we leave some phantom of ourselves behind. ~John Lancaster Spalding

It looked very similar to a Thai boxing match, like the ones from thailand (except less brutal less clitching and no elbows) By that I mean that most Thai boxers use thier punches to set up for thier kicks, and to get into the clitch and most of the time not used for thier KO power. ( although sometimes they do commit to them)

Aikido have names for techniques like "heaven and earth."which represents the creation of the universe along with a philosophical meaning.

Muay Thai have names for techniques like "closing the lamp", which means "punch him in the eye."

• 4 months later...

Theyre obviously trying to mix TKD and Muay Thai. But they werent very skilled.

Looked like typical amature kick boxing, with a strong TKD influence. Lots of flayling arms and lack of balance. I can see plenty of that watching old videos of myself.Haha.

If they are supposed to be pros then they obviously need some better trainers.

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

• 2 weeks later...

Yip, cute ... But won't last in the ring though. But who knows, maybe one day thay can be very good.

"You do not truly know someone until you fight him." - Seraph

"To be the best, you must be the best." - Me

Yaw-yan has been dominating the kickboxing scene in philippines since 1970's.Emilano Zapata was one of their famous champion.now he is retired.You can check this site for some of his photos and fight records.

http://geocities.com/partyzoo88/Zapata.html

Yaw-Yan has sent fighters to Thailand and they have done pretty well in those matches.Yaw-yans take part in local MMA matches like URCC and they have good records there too.

https://www.urcc.net

https://www.pinoymma.com

Thanks

Yss

Those clips were interesting. One of the guys seemed to just spin all of the time. Not a lot of jabs, but a lot of haymakers. I thought there would be more kicking, but not a lot of combinations. They were fast, though.

watch out this video

You can see yawyan practicing their kicks and punches on their Giant baton Bag

thanks

How much do you suppose that bag weighs?